Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
SL63 Iridium Silver Metallic
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
both my front and rear cigarette lighters in my 2003 SL500 are not working, with ignition on.

(everything else electrical is fine). So, i perused my Owners Manual, and instead of showing a diagram (where it couldn't get "LOST"), it said the diagram is in my tool kit. (which is of course, lost).

SO, I found a bag of fuses, ha, but now I am stuck ! Which one should I look at ? ! Can anyone share the fuse diagram with us please ?!

THANK YOU very much ! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
SL63 Iridium Silver Metallic
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, found PDF repository and Fuse Map, still fuzzy !

I found a PDF reposititory with a bunch of R230 PDF's, the Fuse Map is the first link, however it is a physical scan, and it was CREASED on the exact spot I was looking for info, and is difficult to read.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r230-sl-class/1475272-pdf-repository-r230s.html

Looks like the front cigarette lighter is located in the fuse box under the hood, and might be fuse F?1. the first numeral is fuzzy, but might be a 1; making it F11.

Pretty sure it's the fuse because because I tested both front and rear cigarette lighter and "SOCKET IN TRUNK" and both are dead, and seem to share F11. When I looked at "SOCKET IN TRUNK" , that number appears to be F11 as well, but still a bit fuzzy ?

Thanks folks ! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem. I'm new to owning my SL500 so this might be obvious, but I can only find a front and in the trunk socket. Where is the rear cig lighter socket you mentioned?

I've made sure F11 is a good fuse, but both are still dead. Would really like to be able to charge my phone or bluetooth speaker.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The cig litter fuse is eng compartment fuse box by brake master cull.It is the 16th fuse from front or 6th from rear and is 30a

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts