Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CLS320, 1998 E300TD estate, 2001 Ducati 996SPS, 1981 Moto Guzzi Spada
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone any idea if there is a quick fix that will enable me to have the cigarette lighter permanently on? I use it for charging phone/satnav etc, & it would be useful if I could charge while the car was parked.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
1996 210.020
3,972 Posts
If you promise yourself to never insert a cigar lighter, you can wire it up to any lead that is hot all the time, and there are plenty right around there. There's one for the radio head unit, for example.

I wouldn't make that promise, or someone not in the know could plug one in and blow the radio fuse.

Rather, I would run a new wire to the underhood fuse box and install a new fuse. There is an airway between that box and the passenger compartment on my car. I imagine that your RHD car is similar.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,185 Posts
When I was hooking up trailer wires on our E, I found hot wire in the trunk in the area behind CD changer. Never checked what it was design for, but trailer lights can pull around 70 W and it never blow the fuse.
That could be good recharging plug for electronics, that shouldn't be left in public's view.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts