Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I need some urgent help. my cigarette lighter is not working front and back on my 2007 E220.
I checked fuses and they all seem to be fine.

Can someone help me out please?

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
Hi Guys

I need some urgent help. my cigarette lighter is not working front and back on my 2007 E220.
I checked fuses and they all seem to be fine.

Can someone help me out please?
Did you have ignition on? Could you tell which fuses did you check? The rear and the front are driven from a different fuse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you have ignition on? Could you tell which fuses did you check? The rear and the front are driven from a different fuse.

I don't remember if the ignition was on or not.
but I checked fuses in the rear fuse box as well as front especially numbers 2, 12 an 13. While I was checking these fuses, i checked on other fuses too and they all seemed to be OK. I am lost and not sure what is wrong and I double checked and BOTH cigarette lighters don't work! any ideas?

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
I don't remember if the ignition was on or not.
but I checked fuses in the rear fuse box as well as front especially numbers 2, 12 an 13. While I was checking these fuses, i checked on other fuses too and they all seemed to be OK. I am lost and not sure what is wrong and I double checked and BOTH cigarette lighters don't work! any ideas?
Let me try another guess: you did not have ignition on and you did not check the correct fuse. :rolleyes:

I could tell you the correct fuse numbers but I don't want to do that because you would just say "I did check those". I want you to figure out the correct fuse for each and have a close look at that fuse. Do you have the fuse diagram for your car? If not, you can find it posted at the W211 forum.

By default the front cigarette lighter is connected to switched power although it can be changed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok
success. I managed to find the front fuse box under the bunnett which was not mentioned in the manual book when I looked at the fuse section. Strange! I established that the problem was from a charger I inserted to the both 12v power supplies (front and back)
I managed to locate fuse 54a which was clearly blown and changed it!

However, I could not allocate the faulty fuse for the rear cigarette lighter, can you help me to locate it please?

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts