Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1995 S420
553 Posts
Hi guys,
The front cigaratte lighter sometime does not heat up. Like for the first smoke of the day, it heats up fine, next time if i try, nothing happens. It keeps the lighter despensed in the socket but when it pops out, its not red hot.

Now if i put the same lighter in the any of the backseat sockets, it works just fine, over and over again. So there is something wrong with the socket infront...

Any ideas?
[}:)]
///S320
I know exactly what is wrong. You or the previous owner used the socket for a continuous power supply source such as radar detector, or PDA, etc. This causes the socket itself to enlarge, due to a tighter fit for extended periods, for an extended time period. The Benz comes with a plastic insert with slots (mine did) that can be used for these enlarged sockets. You can get one from the dealer, or even an auto parts store. Mine did the same thing, but when I used the plastic adapter, things were normal.
Y. Chachad

· Registered
1995 S420
553 Posts
Re: Re:

Chad,
Will the plastic insert make the lighter go red hot after i use it over and over again?

Damn previous owner!
Yeppaaaaaaa!!! Absolutely. Mine glows in daylight like a firefly with the plastic adapter. BTW my name is Chachad, not Chad.[:D]

1 - 2 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.