Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'94 E320 Coupe W124 (RIP) - '75 280S W116 - '11 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6-Spd (DD)
988 Posts
It's about effing time. If we get another line up from Merc that's got the build quality of say, a W126 or a W124 or W140....imagine that....

·
Registered
'00 S430
269 Posts
One has to ask again, why did D-B pay $36 billion for Chryco to start with? WTF were they thinking? I knew it would be a disaster when I heard the first word of this idiotic plan.

This was almost as bad as idiot Ford paying $10 billion for Jaguar and they have yet to make a single penny of profit. At least Chrysler was profitable (no where close to offset loss of equity) for D-B but they will likely get only $14-18 billion, in other words they a very idiotic decision.

·
Registered
'00 S430
269 Posts
I'll add that MB quality was circling the drain before Chrysler came into the picture. Just look at the timeline. Adding Chrysler clearly did not help.

·
Registered
'94 E320 Coupe W124 (RIP) - '75 280S W116 - '11 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6-Spd (DD)
988 Posts
II kings 920 said:
One has to ask again, why did D-B pay $36 billion for Chryco to start with? WTF were they thinking? I knew it would be a disaster when I heard the first word of this idiotic plan.

This was almost as bad as idiot Ford paying $10 billion for Jaguar and they have yet to make a single penny of profit. At least Chrysler was profitable (no where close to offset loss of equity) for D-B but they will likely get only $14-18 billion, in other words they a very idiotic decision.
Remember, that's when Mercedes changed their concerns from building fantastic cars to making money. What they saw in the Chrysler group was the chance to open their market to lower ones so they can appeal more to the mass market and create more profits from this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This whole discussion seems silly. Name one mass producer of automobiles that's in it for sh*ts and giggles. They do it to make money.

So, when the value of the dollar sinks, leather is no longer available in the c-class. The whole picture is about profit. Let's not be naive.

·
Registered
1995 C220 102k
588 Posts
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Personally i think dodge, chrysler etc should all go the way of PLYMOUTH and simply take their seat in automotive history.

Dont get upset anyone, this isnt a personal attack, just my opinion... (but you know what they say about opinions...lol)

·
Registered
600SL
125 Posts
Chrysler needs to produce what people want and cut the other crap.

Keep the Dodge Ram pick-ups, Charger, Caravan, Nitro and Viper. Come up with a better Durango.

Keep the Chrysler 300 and...............that's about it.

Keep the Jeep Wrangler and Grand Cherokee. Jury is out still on the Compass and Patriot.

·
Registered
988 Posts
BenzzBoyy33 said:
I wonder if any of the original Chrysler company founders are still leading that company, and how they feel about this.
Chrysler was founded in 1923....so I think they are all twisting in their graves.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts