Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'02 E320 Wagon, '13 Chevrolet Volt
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there options for "dress-up" chrome/stainless tips for the stock 560SEL muffler tips, i.e. thankful for websites and/or part numbers?
The exhaust tips are a bit more visible in the cut-out on the Gen2 Euro bumper and I wonder if there is a way to make it look a bit better?

Attachments

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL with Euro engine, 1998 SL500 Sport
2,957 Posts
Are there options for "dress-up" chrome/stainless tips for the stock 560SEL muffler tips, i.e. thankful for websites and/or part numbers?
The exhaust tips are a bit more visible in the cut-out on the Gen2 Euro bumper and I wonder if there is a way to make it look a bit better?
I was wondering the same thing.

I have a stock Euro muffler set-up on my SEL and the two tail pipes make a hard 90 degree turn fairly quickly so it doesn't seem like it lends itself to tips very well. To me, it looks like the rear pipes and muffler would need to be reconfigured.

Maybe someone can chime in.

·
Registered
1974 450 SEL Champagne Beige Metallic(Sold); 1986 560 SEL Champagne Metallic
181 Posts
The W116 would accept tips quite readily, both straight out, and a subtle internal downturn. The only good looking exhausts I have seen on the W126 is an after-market final resonator with chrome or polished stainless tips, such as Carlsson, Brabus, AMG, and other tuners. There are several vendors across the pond that carry numerous shapes and configurations, check on FleaBay on German, Scandinavian, and UK sites. Cheers, Ron

·
Registered
560SEC 1989 Smoked Silver ,Burgundy Interior
92 Posts
Its been twenty plus year if you just go to any good custom car shop they have many to choose from but simple chrome tips are best for the right look

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its been twenty plus year if you just go to any good custom car shop they have many to choose from but simple chrome tips are best for the right look
Anyone knows a good store to recommend in the Los Angeles area?

·
Registered
560SEC 1989 Smoked Silver ,Burgundy Interior
92 Posts
Im in New York so I wouldnt known aftermarket no joke try west coast customs I known that at the retail store they have some really nice choices ,so I was told by a friend couldnt hurt to just makes a trip and see good luck or maybe they could recommend

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
D& D Muffler
42620 10th st. West in Lancaster.
661-951-3833
Tell him Charlie with the Mercedes coupes gave you the info.
Chip has Borla, and MagnaFlow, or can order anything you like and install them. may have something you like in stock as well.
He is a custom/hot rod/muffler/exhaust shop.
Mclare, Cascade, myself, and others use him. He knows his stuff.

Bit of a drive, but well worth it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
D& D Muffler
42620 10th st. West in Lancaster.
661-951-3833
Tell him Charlie with the Mercedes coupes gave you the info.
Chip has Borla, and MagnaFlow, or can order anything you like and install them. may have something you like in stock as well.
He is a custom/hot rod/muffler/exhaust shop.
Mclare, Cascade, myself, and others use him. He knows his stuff.

Bit of a drive, but well worth it.
Fantastic, Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts