Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
W210 Moderator
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hate to report that OEM Parts Direct has just doubled the price for this key.
folks who got in during the last 1/2 yr got it for about $50. as of today, the
price is now $115 so reported a forum member who tried moments ago.

·
Registered
283 Posts
raymond- said:
hate to report that OEM Parts Direct has just doubled the price for this key.
folks who got in during the last 1/2 yr got it for about $50. as of today, the
price is now $115 so reported a forum member who tried moments ago.
whoo hoo, I got it for $61 shipped, lucky me. I'm told that dealer have to pay $110 or more for the key, so I don't know how they can get it for almost 1/2 cost. Should have ordered two.

Tracking via FedEx, the key is being shipped out by Mercedes center in TX. Should be here tomorrow, will keep u all updated.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
Just read that post on the CLK 208 forum too Raymond. I was one of the lucky ones who ordered soon after you first posted the info - thanks again!

I found it today, not sure when it arrived since I use another door to gain entry to my house. It's hard to believe that some dealers charge approx. $200 for what I got for $61.58! :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
That's not good buisness

As quickly a company gained popularity due to these forums ...It will show, how quickly they can crash and burn by getting greedy due to these forums!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Glad I put in my order for a second key before the price change!!! :D Key is suppose to arrive today by fedex; Hopefully I get the second key before the week/end is up! ....True indeed raymond- u snooze u lose! :(

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
I thought briefly about ordering 2 also, but I already have 2 of the newer generation ones that came with the car. BTW, I was just playing with it inside the house and the doors unlocked! Admittedly not that far in distance, but a brick wall separated the key from the car. Neither of my others have as a good range as that.

·
W210 Moderator
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
still!....a lot better than the retail, prevailing price, right? :)

funny: let the dog out this morning. brush...floss...look outside. the 80# german
shepherd was having fun with his new 'prey'. a fed ex box! "Harley, 'out' right
now!!" retrieved it and found key safely....and unchewed....inside. whew

·
Registered
378 Posts
Wouldn't that be nice if the key got ruined and you had to shell out the new amount for a replacement :( or just say it was damaged when it arrived :D anyhow your lucky raymond-!!!!

raymond- said:

funny: let the dog out this morning. brush...floss...look outside. the 80# german

·
Registered
292 Posts
raymond- said:

Better than retail indeed. But as soon as they started getting orders from members of different Mercedes Forums...they raised the price...a better business decision would be for them to do a group buy. I don't think they will sell ANY upgrade keys now, just lost or damaged keys. In my opinion a company that does this just plain sucks!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Got my key on Friday. Best deal I ever got on Mercedes key, still can't believe it's only $61 for the whole set. Price have double since, but still is much cheaper compared to what dealer charge.

Since there are more than 8 keys ordered so far for my car (both previous owner and I must have common bad habbit of losing key, 3 on my part so far), the new key didn't work out of the box. Notice that Mercedes can only program the first 8 keys (they work w/ the car right out of the box), from the 9th key on, I have to manually program the key and the car EIS to recognize each other. W/ the help of my friend (Mercedes master tech), I was able to do this at home. Some dealer charge 1-3 hour to do this, some stealer require the entire EIS to be replaced ($2-3K job) once they see that you exceed the 8 key limit.

The key take much less time to learn the EIS, 90 min later, then it's all done, I guess they improve the chip inside. On my previous key (older style), it takes whole day.

So now I have three keys for my car: one in the original style, one in the later style, and one w/ the latest style.

Key look REALLY nice, and feel good in hand :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
21 Participants
Kajtek1
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing