Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered these or installed them?

I may or may not be getting them, as I'm not too sure yet as the car the way it is, doesn't have a whole lot of chrome to start with. I have regular standard alloy wheels, so I'm not sure if I want the chrome rollbars to be one of the only chromed items on the car.

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I have ordered them.....

so when they come and are installed, you guys will be some of the first to see. Hope they are cool....it's hard to imagine them as i've never seen thjem installed on an actual slk around here.

·
Registered
2005 SLK55
45 Posts
Where did you find the chrome rollbars and how much were they? I've been thinking about upgrading mine. Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are a few out there...

brabus has them, performance products, mercedes dealership.....

They will run between 600-700 as far as I know. I got a deal on mine, paying 600. Expensive, curvacious piece of metal....ay yi yi!!!!

·
Registered
2009 slk55 amg/ performance pkg.
191 Posts
I can not wait to see them.
I am seriousley thinking about it.
I think it is going to look very sharp.
good luck..good choice.
please post some pics.
Can you post a link the chrome bars where to get them from. other than brabus which very expensive.
thanks,.

·
Registered
237 Posts
4 my mercedes has them. They are suppose to be from the same manufacture as Brabus. Just does not have there logo. I like them also. The plexi wind screen will not work with them I don't think. Besides they would get covered up. I am wondering if the wind sock works with them? I hear the install is ugly to get them it fit right. I also heard there were some out there that don't fit right either. I would like to hear results of any one whos installed them themselves. They sure look sweet.

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'll be the first to complain if the installation does not go right!!!! You can bget on that!

Your mercedes dealership should be able to order them and have them in 2 days or so for you....and there are some other places that have them available as well.

yes, brabus can be over the line with pricing, although their items are awsome!!

I didn't get mine from brabus, I got mine from performance products....and when they come and are installed I'll throw a few images in here.

I'm hoping there are no issues and that they look half decent as they do in my minds eye, ya know.

No to get too far off track here, but can you guys go check out the thread about the door pins and lend some insight for me? I'd love to hear more if anyone has any info.....

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They should have arrived last week......

I'm starting to have enogh of performance products...everything that is ordered from them seems to take 2 years! Being a bit dramatic...

As if it doesn't take long enough to get them, I'm going to have to wait for a scheduled appointment at mercedes to go and get them installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts