Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys...my first time here and I find this forum to be very informative. Im a gurl for Cali and I have no idea what finish to get on my rims...I have a "brilliant silver" clk320. I don't know what looks nice on a silver car? Im getting 18 or 19, still undecided...need some input.....[:I]

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
don't get chrome on your silver car. get something thats polished, maybe a chrome lip.

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
whats hyper?

i like the centers painted or powder coated black with a chorme or polished lip, looks real aggressive. only thing i dont like about polishing the lips or the whole wheel is the upkeep. i have polished wheels on my sportbike and they are a pain in the ass to keep nice, they get dull very easily. chrome is def easier to take care and brake dust wipes off easily

·
Registered
W208
216 Posts
BKLYNbenz - 4/21/2005 4:38 PM

whats hyper?

i like the centers painted or powder coated black with a chorme or polished lip, looks real aggressive. only thing i dont like about polishing the lips or the whole wheel is the upkeep. i have polished wheels on my sportbike and they are a pain in the ass to keep nice, they get dull very easily. chrome is def easier to take care and brake dust wipes off easily
Exactly what he said..I know how you feel bro about polished rims on the sportbike because I have it on my 750..but you go out of your way to make it look nice so you can impress the ladies..haha j/p

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
Definitely go with a chrome lip. The polished lips are as everyone else has said, a pain in the a**. I have 19's with a chrome lip and they are easy to keep clean (relatively). You can check out pics of different wheels in the galleries. Mine is under "silver 430"

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
Most wheels do not come with a chrome lip, therefore you will need to send it out for chroming. If you do, check the construction of the wheel to make sure it will hold the process and not flake on you soon after.

From what i know you will also need to sort a multi piece wheel, so you can take it apart and send the lip out to be chromed. Also keep in mind chrome will add more weight if this is a concern.

Good luck if you can get do it, It does look a lot better.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430
1,131 Posts
black benz your silver clk is fucking raw man.. you give brookclk a run for his money for the hottest silver clk on here.. i personally like yours alot more because i like rims with huge ass lips.. anyhow what all mods have you done to the engine etc.. how much did that exhaust cost.. and how hard was it to install the chrome door handles ..

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
Thanks alot Phade. If thats your girl in the pic, I'm jealous. I'm getting my Carlsson RS front bumper resprayed right now. As far as engine mods, I dont have much, just: Renntech intake w/ITG filters, Speed Tuning USA chip, E v o sport ignition upgrade, and the eisenmann race exhaust. I got ripped off on the exhaust and am still pissed off about it. I paid 450 for it when they were 600 brand new (got mine used off some fag on m b world). He said it was in perfect condition w/ 500 miles on it. When I got it, it was all banged up but I put it on the car anyway, Sounds viscious. Now I'm lookin for a Lorinser spoiler. The chrome door handles come stock on the 99 clk430 as well as the chrome trim around the window. That was one of the main reasons I chose a 99 (plus they're alot cheaper[:D]) I'm going to try to make some custom projector headlights soon. I get out of school May 11th so thats when i'll be working on the project.

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
blackbenz, you got the highest bid on that renntech clk on ebay? that shit is dope.

go here for more pics of that girl in phades avatar:

http://www.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/675672/an/0/page/0

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430
1,131 Posts
and how do you have alternating headlight colors i'd like to do that and is there alternate colors for the fogs

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
I dont understand what you mean by alternating colors, I changed the headlights to 8000K from stock if thats what you're asking and it only costs 100 bucks if you already have Xenons. I just got the rims like a month ago! At least give me til the end of the summer. I love the way they look but they slow my car down and I hate that. They are 24lbs up front and 27 in the rear.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts