Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question was asked but never fully answered. Has anyone purchased chrome head lights? 2) do they last a long time as far as finish 3) do they stay stuck or does the adhesive come out. 4)if you want to take them out because you changed your mind would it take the paint out with it? 5 MOST IMPRORTANT WOULD THEY LOOK CLASSY OR GHETTO? thanks all in advance

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had them put on by my MB dealer (I simply wanted to be able to complain if it wouldn't fit perfectly). The original adhesive didn't do the job and my MB dealer fixed it with 'original Mercedes adhesive' and now everything is OK - and it looks great! All coments I hear is that without it looks 'naked'. My car is brilliant silver. It's possible that on a darker colour it would look more ghetto (but I don't think so). No problem to take off, as it's glued onto the glass and not onto any paint.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Urs,<br> <br> I'm interested in putting them onto a brilliant silver c. I'm wondering if you have any pics of them on your car that you could post? A couple pictures from different angles would be greatly appreciated! Especially since it seems there is a lot of interest from forum viewers regarding the look of the chrome headlight rims.<br> <br> Thanks!<br> <br> Tim

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TIm - check out the forums in mbworld.com

//forums.mbworld.org<br> <br> in the W203 forum, there is a picture thread of C's. One of them is a silver C with headlight rings.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Tim,<br> Why don't you try clinking on the link. I think you can see a few pictures with the Chrome rings and star grill together. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
BMW E60 & SLK 280 R171
40 Posts
chrome headlights

i've seen a couple of sedans out here with chromes infront & behind

the rings infront look classy i must say
but when you stick the triangular chrome trims to the rear lamps they look - well kinda funny - it just looks too pointy.

eugene loke

·
Registered
S , C, and ML Class
3 Posts
Benz Headlight Chrome Rings at BenzTuning.com

It will not last long if you purchase the "made in China" stuffs.

So, my recommendation is only to get Real Germany stuffs for the ring. They are the highest quality and will perfect fit.

Try BenzTuning.com, they carry many chrome stuffs for Benz

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
BenzTuning.com is very expensive...

It will not last long if you purchase the "made in China" stuffs.

So, my recommendation is only to get Real Germany stuffs for the ring. They are the highest quality and will perfect fit.

Try BenzTuning.com, they carry many chrome stuffs for Benz
Don't buy the things from Benztuning as they are expensive. Go to formymercedes.com instead. The same products, mostly all made in Germany, but for much lower prices. I've already ordered many many things for my C from them, and am waiting for them to arrive [:)]

·
Registered
2001 W203 C240
79 Posts
I have them on my silver C240. Looks great. Except I have to replace the adhesive when I g...

I have them on my silver C240. Looks great. Except I have to replace the adhesive when I get the time. It's starting to fall off.

Also, make sure the mounting surface is clean.

Attachments

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Nice, I have them too...

I have them on my silver C240. Looks great. Except I have to replace the adhesive when I get the time. It's starting to fall off.

Also, make sure the mounting surface is clean.
and I agree, they look great! I haven't had any problems with the adhesive though. You might want to try using the 3M automotive trim tape as a replacement.

Yes, I cleaned the area with rubbing alcohol prior to installing the tip. Making sure that the surface is at the correct temperature is also important for bonding reasons.

On another note, sorry to hear about Benzsport...feel free to invite more of the other members here as well. [:)]

·
Registered
2001 W203 C240
79 Posts
Re: Nice, I have them too...

and I agree, they look great! I haven't had any problems with the adhesive though. You might want to try using the 3M automotive trim tape as a replacement.

Yes, I cleaned the area with rubbing alcohol prior to installing the tip. Making sure that the surface is at the correct temperature is also important for bonding reasons.

On another note, sorry to hear about Benzsport...feel free to invite more of the other members here as well. [:)]
Hi Drew,

(go to bnzsport.com) .. actually i lurked on mbnz.org but didnt register when it began to use logins

...oh yeah, if somebody could give me advice on this one: so i need to reapply the chrome headlamp rings.. how do i take them off? i dont want to just yank them off! should i use a hairdryer??

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Re: Re: Nice, I have them too...

(go to bnzsport.com)
Yeah I've been there actually. However, I prefer our format here which is why I haven't posted there a lot.

...oh yeah, if somebody could give me advice on this one: so i need to reapply the chrome headlamp rings.. how do i take them off? i dont want to just yank them off! should i use a hairdryer??
Hair dryer and some goo-gone should do I think (take your time though!) You will need to take off the old tape and replace it with new 3M tape.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts