Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
S600, ML55
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are pictures of my total makeover S600. I like little upgrades to make the Car look bold. I also followed the advise found on this site to clean up the headlighs, and I did, great advise and easy to do. What a difference it makes to the usual dull reflectors and glass. Enjoy the pictures.Ps, I made the dual exhaust in my garage. It extends with pipes from the original muffler.

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 S500
379 Posts
Looks very nice. Just enough flash to go with the beautiful white/grey exterior.

Got a concern about the pipes extending to the exhaust tips. Was wondering if you done any research with the gases being trapped in the exhaust system because of the curve at the end. I personally don't think it's a good idea, but where you have the exhaust makes the car look unique.

·
Registered
420SEL
1,305 Posts
I am not a fan of pipes stickinng out in any fashin, but this looks clean. Nice
The whole car looks awesome. Limo tint it all around[:D]

·
Registered
Mercedes 300E 1991
126 Posts
Very clean, well done [8D][8D]
I was thinking about putting dual exhausts but the square AMG (genuine, not replicas) tips that I wanted to fit would not fit on the right side as they were too long in a ridiculous manner. The guys were going to cut into the rear bumper to give that flush look. It would have looked great on my S but it wasnt meant to be. So I just stayed with my Remus backbox and abandoned the AMG plan.
You have a 600 under the hood. Im curious has the myffler change given you a more sporty sound? A sporty V12...HOTT! [8D]

·
Registered
S600, ML55
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: Dual exhaust.......

No, the bend in the pipe extending to the right hand side of the car does not trap any gasses. Its 2.5 inches diameter. Also the sound does not change, I have not done any muffler mods. The left tip is placed on the left original outlet. I just like the bold look of it. The tips are very nice almost like. My LM 55 AMG inspired me to find similar tips. They look like the LM 55 AMG ones. This is all for the Chrome I will do on my car. I do not believe in keeping all stock. The car should change a little with time. I believe if the designer would have a chance to make changes today the would have gone this way. Just think about the next generation W140

·
Registered
1999 S600 W140 and 2002 S55 AMG W220, (previous: 1989 560SEL and 1995 / 1996 S500)
4,224 Posts
oh man Goatman! Your car looks amazing! I just saw this thread, and the pics of your car, and boy! That is one beautiful S600. I like that dual exaust. Very nice! I love it![:)]

·
Registered
S600, ML55
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, California is not so conservative about car modifications, I have done a lot of real big modifications to military off-road vehicles. No chrome on those but plenty of fun. Here is a link to my 6x6 site.

www.drive6x6.com. I call it the Hummer Predator

·
Registered
1999 S600 W140 and 2002 S55 AMG W220, (previous: 1989 560SEL and 1995 / 1996 S500)
4,224 Posts
Goatman - 4/3/2006 8:54 PM

Yes, California is not so conservative about car modifications, I have done a lot of real big modifications to military off-road vehicles. No chrome on those but plenty of fun. Here is a link to my 6x6 site.

www.drive6x6.com. I call it the Hummer Predator
wow. I saw some of those on your website, and now I understand why your BW username is Goatman. Gamagoats are AWESOME![:)]

·
Registered
S600, ML55
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes, thanks, Yea its a long story, at one time I had 7 of those Goat's, than I sold some now I have 3 left and I am keeping those. I am not selling anymore I have to update my web, some links are not working anymore and I would like to show my last modification, a Military communication shelter that I put on the back of one goat. How about a V12 Mercedes Engine to replace the GM diesel?
just kidding, I like diesel engines, they perform very well off-road with low RPM. Sometimes i wish to get my hands on an Unimog U1300, Its a nice vehicle big diesel and also military surplus.....

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Goatman - 4/3/2006 9:14 PM

yes, thanks, Yea its a long story, at one time I had 7 of those Goat's, than I sold some now I have 3 left and I am keeping those. I am not selling anymore I have to update my web, some links are not working anymore and I would like to show my last modification, a Military communication shelter that I put on the back of one goat. How about a V12 Mercedes Engine to replace the GM diesel?
just kidding, I like diesel engines, they perform very well off-road with low RPM. Sometimes i wish to get my hands on an Unimog U1300, Its a nice vehicle big diesel and also military surplus.....
yes. I agree. The unimogs are very good looking trucks. You should put your S600 on your website. It is so beautiful. Those gamagoats are really cool. I live in Orange County, so I don't know where I would drive it if I had one, but they are sure nice trucks.[:)]

·
Registered
S600, ML55
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To answer S500, I live in orange county actually stanton, but i drive in 29palms, I purchased 10 acres of land 5 years ago, for less than a poor condition W140. Now people actually building big houses out there. I can drive many hours just in my backyard. Than there is the old dale gold mining area with plenty of mining trails. Very advanced trails for offroad. The weather changes the trails every time. I like it, I like the outdoors and spend almost every second weekend out there,

Back to our beloved W140, Yes the wheels are 20 inches and I have 265x35 all around on it. they fit well without any rubbing at the front axle. Still believe the original rubber gives a better ride but the S600 suspension works well even with the low profile tires. Personally I would suggest max 18 inchers with more rubber like 45 to get a better ride.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Goatman - 4/3/2006 11:46 PM

To answer S500, I live in orange county actually stanton, but i drive in 29palms, I purchased 10 acres of land 5 years ago, for less than a poor condition W140. Now people actually building big houses out there. I can drive many hours just in my backyard. Than there is the old dale gold mining area with plenty of mining trails. Very advanced trails for offroad. The weather changes the trails every time. I like it, I like the outdoors and spend almost every second weekend out there,

Back to our beloved W140, Yes the wheels are 20 inches and I have 265x35 all around on it. they fit well without any rubbing at the front axle. Still believe the original rubber gives a better ride but the S600 suspension works well even with the low profile tires. Personally I would suggest max 18 inchers with more rubber like 45 to get a better ride.
very cool. So you are only in Stanton huh? I am in Huntington Beach area. Pretty cool. I know what you mean. I couple of years ago, the prices were very cheap for almost everything, but now, people are building houses everywhere.

Very cool S600.

·
Registered
99 S420
59 Posts
I say YES to dem ther pipes.I've been wanting to do the same thing. After all doesn't the S stand for sport[:D]I was station at 29 Palms back in 79.Also did desert training out there .Seen an abandon mine and a wild (or loose) horse.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts