Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear the guy is in love w/ the Kennedy's and Obambi, and his lead-in to the Kennedy endorsement on MSNBC right now is unbelievable. I've never seen anything like it. He has dropped all pretense of being objective. Even Andrea Mitchel had to say "Oh Chris" to calm him down!

B

·
0 Posts
TRULY A TIME FOR CHANGE!! COMPLETE CHANGE!!

The man from Illinois is going to be unstopable in this cycle. How long it can all last is yet to be experienced. Unfortunately, History tells us that when you rattle the Industrialists your outcome is truly unknown. There is alot of Rattling going on. May God watch out for all of us.

·
66,887 Posts
^^
I was worried about that too but then I realized that no matter what anyone says, it will be business as usual. Life goes on, c'est la vie

·
Registered
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Somehow, I don't think getting a ringing endorsement from the biggest (in more ways than one) liberal on the face of the earth is a good thing...

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
Actually I think getting an endorsement from the most powerful Political clan of the last half century has a level of significance to it. Considering that both Clintons worked HARD to make this NOT happen.

The most significant element is Caroline. She is the essence of Democratic lore that can, once she decides to take a position has the absolute keys to the Party. Considering she has stayed away from politics for 3 decades and chose to step forward NOW portends that there is a significant shift within the party.

·
Registered
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually I think getting an endorsement from the most powerful Political clan of the last half century has a level of significance to it. Considering that both Clintons worked HARD to make this NOT happen.

The most significant element is Caroline. She is the essence of Democratic lore that can, once she decides to take a position has the absolute keys to the Party. Considering she has stayed away from politics for 3 decades and chose to step forward NOW portends that there is a significant shift within the party.
I agree that Caroline's endorsement is likely to be most helpful, but the Clan endorsement is a little like getting the Klan or mob endorsement... Ultimately, I think it will hurt Obambi.

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
I agree that Caroline's endorsement is likely to be most helpful, but the Clan endorsement is a little like getting the Klan or mob endorsement... Ultimately, I think it will hurt Obambi.
That family still has long reach and even though Teddy is the butt of jokes he is still considered one of the very elite most powerful Senators of this generation. But the Kennedy's main reach is in their infrastructure within the party. That did not die in the 60s.

·
Registered
14,512 Posts

I agree.There is a lot less to like or admire about the Kennedy family in light of disclosures over the past 30 years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts