Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1967 250SE RHD, 1969 300SE L, 1989 560SEC with AMG upgrades, 1998 s600 coupe
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, many of you might remember about my project, as I have posted on this site. Wanted to post a tease picture of its current stage. Next step is the custom glass, gonna cost 3 grand... sigh...ooh well it's too late to think about cost. Anyways, after the glass is done, then will be the chrome trimming and fitting, then engine beautification, then suspention (air shocks(, then paint and interior....Slowly but surely coming together....

Slow motion better than no motion....

Wish me lots of luck and patience...

·
Registered
1966 250SE Cab, 1989 500SEL euro
3,570 Posts
Wow. I like the idea, and I'd love to see the final shots.

·
Registered
1983 240d AT1993 e320 AT
2,270 Posts
That tease shot surely make the readers DROOL.... can't wait to see the next set of photos!

Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
2005 W220 S500 4Matic / 2008 W211 E350 4Matic
997 Posts
ChopTop250SE said:
Wanted to post a tease picture
You should post the other images you put in the 126 forum - those renderings look really good!

·
Registered
1965 220SE sedan (finnie) with 450SE conversion, 1964 220SE coupe project, 1966 300SE coupe
448 Posts
Good to see some progress... I look forward to putting some pics of the finished product on my garage wall next to your renderings.
Any ideas on how to chop a 4 door? When I finish my V8 finny project (not long now, off to the paint shop in a fortnight), I was going to do a muck around chop of the parts car. The rear glass in these cars is a bit of a pain - makes the roofline quite square. Smaller rear glass would let you lay the C pillars forward more and give the roof some more rake.
Anyway, good to see some progress, keep it up.
Drew
1965 4.5V8 finnie project
PS - where are you going to mount the front number plate??

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
drew56cus said:
Good to see some progress... I look forward to putting some pics of the finished product on my garage wall next to your renderings.
Any ideas on how to chop a 4 door? When I finish my V8 finny project (not long now, off to the paint shop in a fortnight), I was going to do a muck around chop of the parts car. The rear glass in these cars is a bit of a pain - makes the roofline quite square. Smaller rear glass would let you lay the C pillars forward more and give the roof some more rake.
Anyway, good to see some progress, keep it up.
Drew
1965 4.5V8 finnie project
PS - where are you going to mount the front number plate??

Four door will be tough man. Will be lots of work doing the door frames. I have a plan of turning a 220se fintail into a pilarless coupe :D

Front plate? who needs plates...I hate plates man. I painted the plates on my AMG SEC black just so they would blend in with the car as much as possible. Cost me 400 USD in tickets so far, but who cares. Russians hav a saying: Beauty demands sacrifice.

Korisnikone. I will post more pictures once I get the glass taken care of within this month.

OH yessss.....BTW guys, that huge sunroof...STILL WORKS. That was one of the tough things to overcome man, I had to keep the sunroof working. Took lots of time and engineering but the shop saved it.

·
Registered
67 250SE Coupe
94 Posts
i remember when u first posted the rendering.....been waiting that to see something.....i thought i remember u saying it was being filmed????........its been awhile......great to see ur work.......cheers

grez

·
Premium Member
72 280SEL 4.5(airbagged), race cars:88 560 SEL, 74 SLC, 67 200, daily: 99 C43, 06 E55 wagon
272 Posts
looking good, about time you got some pics up. What did you you decide on air suspension wise? What about engine management? We traded a few email back and forth on that one. It will be cool when you get some paint on it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jackasic

Yes it was about time. As far as suspension I will go with air shocks, not air bags. As far as the engine..sigh...I don't know man. I think I will keep the stock engine. It just runs too good, too smooth for me to take it out. I will dress it up(polish here and there paint here and there, chrome here and there) very subtle though.
After beeing parked for so long, when I hooked up the battery and cranked it it fired right up and ran so smooth the tow truck driver could not believe it. Later on when some extra money arrrives or my friend or I decide to "total" one of our S600 coupes :D I will put a v12. Until then, I will stick to the straight 6. These engines are beatiful too look at anyway.

P.S. are you Armenian by any chance?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
grezm0nkey said:
i remember when u first posted the rendering.....been waiting that to see something.....i thought i remember u saying it was being filmed????........its been awhile......great to see ur work.......cheers

grez
Hey man how have you been. Yes you are right it wa being filmed by Discovery. That was why it took so long. They were trying to do few projects at once and nothing was being done. Only a project called Limokopter got finished and ended up being stupid. You might have seen that project on series called The Kustomizer on TLC. Then I decided to pull this off of the program and do this on my own. We have a saying it goes "Have fingers? scratch your own head".

Alot of the stuff would have gotten done for free, but I had a feeling it would take waaay too long and might have gotten hacked. My next major step that concers me the most is the glass. A guy is going to do it by the end of this month. He is going to charge 3G's to cut the front windshield, custom make front quarter vent windows and the rear side glass. Once that is out of the way, I will cut, trim, fit the chrome trims and out to piant it goes. Rest is stuff that many shops can do. It was the sheet metal work that was very important, especially when I had to save the sunroof. Every shop said we can't save the sunroof, and every shop did not want me to tell them how to do their job. When they finally listened, it was victory.

I am missing some pieces, however. I need a front bumper and rear upper bumpers.

·
Registered
67 250SE Coupe
94 Posts
just curious to ask .......how much chop did u do on the pillars? and how much, if u did, sheet metal did u add to the roof? was it split 2 ways for roof stretch?

grez

·
Premium Member
72 280SEL 4.5(airbagged), race cars:88 560 SEL, 74 SLC, 67 200, daily: 99 C43, 06 E55 wagon
272 Posts
if you decide to go stand alone FI, here is another good group: 034 MOTORSPORT

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
grezm0nkey said:
just curious to ask .......how much chop did u do on the pillars? and how much, if u did, sheet metal did u add to the roof? was it split 2 ways for roof stretch?

grez
The pillars were chopped little over 3.5". The roof was not split in anyway. From the A pillars was cut from the top of the pillars, and from the C pillars from the bottom where it meets the quarter panel. Then the the pillars were widened a bit. he rear glass is sunk in at the sides and the rest lays down...
I will add photos once the glass guy finishes his stuff (if he keeps his promise and shows up this saturday)...

·
Registered
67 250SE Coupe
94 Posts
nice.....sounds like all u need to do is to trim up the lower corners of the rear glass.......and trim the lower portion of the foward glass.......how much of the C pilar did u add to the base?.......cant wait to see some pics..........did u ever get rid of the original tail lights?....i remember u mentioning something about setting light in the bumper????........cheers

grez

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi I was wondering what kind of wheels and what size are on the coupe in the picture you posted? are they SLK stock wheels and if so what kind of centre caps are they?

·
Registered
w123 eurospec wagon on bags with an e55 drivetrain swap.
97 Posts
wow, your my hero.:thumbsup:
I thought those were just some cool renderings.
but your making them come to life.
very cool.
glad your in the LA area.
can't wait to see her around.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sergej said:
Hi I was wondering what kind of wheels and what size are on the coupe in the picture you posted? are they SLK stock wheels and if so what kind of centre caps are they?
The wheels in the picture are CLK wheels with vogue white walls. The center caps are 2 wing knock offs with mercedes emblem stuck on them. However, those are not going to stay on the car at the end. The wheels that will put on will be one off forged wheels that will mimic the earlier steel wheels in 19" rear and 18" front.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts