Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the U.S. turn signals look out of place with the Euro. It's too light.

What do you guys think would look good on a black W123? Clear? Smoke? That half orange/half clear one?

·
Registered
81' 300SD, 82' 300D
4,021 Posts
Schmohey - 4/29/2005 9:19 AM

I think the U.S. turn signals look out of place with the Euro. It's too light.

What do you guys think would look good on a black W123? Clear? Smoke? That half orange/half clear one?
Get the E-code dark orange turn signals. They're orange like the U.S. turn signals, but significantly darker. Look at this photo. The white 123 has U.S corners, while the red one next to it has Euro corners.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the U.S. lights look very... out of place. I think it has reflectors in it while the Euro doesn't?

You know where I can pick up the E-Code Turn signals? Only place I can think of is German eBay.

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo
457 Posts
Ewwwwwwwwww, In while ago when i was looking for corners i was looking for clear, because i was young and dumb. Luckily i couldnt find a pair of clear corners, i could only find smoked. And im sure happy i got the smoked instead. [^] [^] [^]

·
Registered
'81 300TD
215 Posts
obaja - 4/29/2005 12:13 PM

Ewwwwwwwwww, In while ago when i was looking for corners i was looking for clear, because i was young and dumb. Luckily i couldnt find a pair of clear corners, i could only find smoked. And im sure happy i got the smoked instead. [^] [^] [^]
Where can you get smoked lens (not do-it-yourself painted clear lens)?

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Depends. If you're customizing your car moderately like Euros, the Onkel-grille, rims, etc... then perhaps the smoked corners will do. Very nice on the black color. But if you're planning to retain that classic look with a touch of sophistication then the Euro corners should do the trick. Although I doubt alot of people will notice. It takes an MB enthusiast's keen eye to notice it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone know any place but german eBay to get the dark amber? The shipping is outrageous... $35 Euro shipping... (that's like $40+ US, I think)

For some reason, remember seeing the half clear/half orange ones? They went for $100 Euros...

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
As in a US/NA supplier so you won’t have to pay high shipping charges? I’ve always assumed I’d have to buy from Europe at least – I’d like to know as well…

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where did you guys buy your light from? Only place I found smoked are from China, and the Dark Euro Ambers from German eBay with outrageous shipping prices!

Here's the stock light I have

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Well, gee, maybe I should take a business loan, buy truckload of dark Euro amber corners, and sell to NA BW members sans the outrageous shipping charges. Hmmm…

·
Registered
1980 230 coupe
88 Posts
HI, Here's another choice for you. On my silver blue coupe i have smoked turn signals, but since putting them on i have bought some headlight covers which cover the turn signals as well, on the inside of the cover i have put mirrow window tinting film, it looks like chrome and it looks mad. My car pased its MOT like it and makes very little differance at night. Will try get photo's on site

·
Registered
1980 230 coupe
88 Posts
HI, Here's another choice for you. On my silver blue coupe i have smoked turn signals, but since putting them on i have bought some headlight covers which cover the turn signals as well, on the inside of the cover i have put mirrow window tinting film, it looks like chrome and it looks mad. My car pased its MOT like it and makes very little differance at night. Will try get photo's on site

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts