Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a small, quick, daft question!! [8)]

If ya'll don't already know I'm doing a Bremen pick-up [;)], and wanted to find out if at Bremen you can choose what time to collect your car or if they give you a time??

I'm planning for the 9:30am tour, and was gonna have some lunch there before picking the car up!!! [8D]

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
Hi Beverage they will alllocate you a time if my experience is anything to go by.

I arrived early, just after they opened.
Told the receptionist that i'd like to do the 9.30 English tour and they scheduled a 1 o'clock collection for my Car.

Came back from the tour, had lunch upstairs, collected car, then raced to Rotterdam to catch overnight ferry to Hull!

I think you'll have no probs - enjoy your trip.

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts
I was way too excited to have lunch there, but that is available. As Ian said, if you do the tour you will get a pickup time allocated to you, Mine was 12.30 I think. Its nicely paced so you can enjoy the day and get away early afternoon.
When is your pickup?

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent - thanks for the responses ianx & joyfulheart!!! [:D] I did wonder if times would be alloted.

Due to pick-up on 6th June, and actually have friends holidaying in France that week, so am going to be meeting up with them for a few days before heading back across the channel!!! [8D]

·
Registered
R171
215 Posts
I think it's a good idea to arrive early, say 8.30am. This means that all paperwork is done without delay, as there as few around this early it seems. The English tour is at 9.30 and you are back at the collection centre by about midday. Within around 30 minutes you are called and assigned your assistant who will take you through the handover process. They mentioned that Fridays are extremely busy because the Germans tend to collect their cars at the start of the weekend [about 300 collections some days] so you might want to avoid the end of the week to collect yours, as you might tend to be 'processed' rather quickly. That said, no-one is going to apply pressure, and there are [free] filled rolls and drinks on hand or access to the restaurant upstairs if you wish. [I was treated to free lunch upstairs because one of my airscarves was faulty and the car was whisked away for a pair of new seats, which took around 30 minutes. Hope you enjoy the whole thing.

·
Registered
05 SLK350
55 Posts
Useful info about the early arrival times.

I am collecting my SLK350 this Friday (08.04.05)

Does anyone know what time the reception centre opens??? maybe as its Friday I should make a special effort to get there early, and get my towel down before the Germans! [8D]

Plus, I hope the Pope's funeral does not affect things, It a good job Im not picking up a new Ferrari in Italy [B)]

Best regards

Andy

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
Mr_techno - 4/4/2005 4:01 PM

Does anyone know what time the reception centre opens?
it opens at 8.00am.
you can spend the time after checking in taking a look around the designo centre and other bits and pieces. It'll be 9.30 before you know it

you can get free light breakfast snacks and coffee there for free. (the chocolate muffins are delicious!)

http://www.mercedes-benz.com/mbcom/international/international_website/en/com/international_home/home/services/meetus/customercentres/bremen.html

·
Registered
R171
215 Posts
I think I arrived around 8.30 and they were seemingly just opening up. The taxi service that will collect you from the airport will check your plans, and in my case they agreed a suitable collection time the previous evening. They will sort you out, I'm sure.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Bev:

Sounds like such fun and off to France too! I am envious. Will have to do the factory pickup next time but will just not have the pleasure of being able to drive my new car all the way back home![:p]

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
You have an overnight stay in Bremen, so why not do what I did - red eye from Teesside to Schipol, arriving bout 8ish (am[:0]), Schipol to Bremen, arriving bout 11:30, taxi (all arranged) from airport to hotel, Leave hotel bout 2ish for 2:30 tour of factory (keep saying it but well worth it)Back to hotel for bout 5ish, Meal & night out on the lash in Bremen, Back to the hotel, sleep, taxi from hotel back to factory next morning, pick up car & drive to Amsterdam(Imuidjen), arriving bout 3ish(pm) for overnight ferry to Newcastle - marvelous couple of days out[:)][:D][:)]

·
Registered
05 SLK350
55 Posts
I am collecting the car Friday, then driving to Amsterdam for 2 nights in the Lloyd Hotel, then driving back to Bristol UK via the tunnel on Sunday.

Ive just seen the weather forcast for the weekend, I wonder if they sell snow-chains in the factory shop and can you use the air-scarf with the roof up??? [:(]

Best regards

Praying for sunshine....

Andy

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
I chose to pick mine up on the morning of departure cos I didn't want it hanging round in a Bremen hotel carpark overnight, valet parking etc. etc., also minimised the amount of town driving I did on the 'wrong side' of he road, and gave me heaps of time to reach my departure ferry port.

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts
Air scarf works roof up or down.
Its hardly noticeable on mine with the roof down if I am doing 100mph, and most noticeable with the roof up, when there is no oncoming wind to blow the warm air away.

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
I went to the factory tour in Stuttgart a couple of years back, and had to book in advance. They were not accepting people without pre-booked places. There were only a couple of tours each day, and numbers were very limited... Dunno if its the same in Bremen.

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the great info - guys!!! [:D]

Model & Spec - Manual 200, Tellur Silver with Blue leather interior. Airscarf and heated seats, erm ... How bad is this I can't remember what the rest of the spec is!!!! [:I]

Will be a nice surprise for me!!!

I've gone with flying the day before so that I can have a wander around Bremen on the Sunday afternoon.

Am in no rush back to the UK, and am planning to meet up with friends in France who are doing a driving holiday in their Peugoet 206 convertible!!! [:D]

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts
My mother in law told me I should have got a blue interior with my Tellur SLK. I felt crestfallen, cant say I agree with her since I like my grey interior.
Hope it works for you, it will be interesting to see pics....

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
joyfulheart,

I prefer your choice. More subtle. I'm sure the Tellurite w. blue is nice but to my thinking, a bit more feminine.

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Andradite green, with a beige interior - only way to go -unlike silver - jus like a c"&%!&&$s - every c*$t has one (sorry[:0][:0])

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
joyfulheart - 4/11/2005 11:27 PM

My mother in law told me I should have got a blue interior with my Tellur SLK. I felt crestfallen, cant say I agree with her since I like my grey interior.
Hope it works for you, it will be interesting to see pics....
Being a female - I'm hoping I'll get away with the more feminine interior!! [;)]

I wondered about the grey, but worried it might be too light an interior!!! [8D] And wasn't soo keen on the black for fear it would be too dark!!! [:D]

Am hoping the blue is a happy medium!!! [:D]

I'll be photo mad when I get the car!! [:D]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts