Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my CL600 today in Chicago and drove it 6 hours back to Cleveland. The car has an alarm or message chirp about every 3 seconds. I called the dealer and he said it was the built in Radar detector and it could not be silenced without taking it to mercedes and haveing the wire snipped. I had to listen to it the entire way home. Is there an easier way to silence it??

·
Registered
2003 CL500
211 Posts
I just picked up my CL600 today in Chicago and drove it 6 hours back to Cleveland. The car has an alarm or message chirp about every 3 seconds. I called the dealer and he said it was the built in Radar detector and it could not be silenced without taking it to mercedes and haveing the wire snipped. I had to listen to it the entire way home. Is there an easier way to silence it??
DO NOT CUT IT!

I'm in Cleveland too and I can tell you if it's a K40 or something like that but I would not recommend removing it. One of the settings or level may be off if it's a K40, if it's a V1 than consider it an added bonus, unless you wanna sell it to me :D

Let me know if you want to meet up and I can look at it for you.

ALi

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe we can meet up this weekend if the weather gets better. I will pm you my number.
Thanks

·
Registered
2003 W220 S55 AMG 2011 & Camaro RS/SS Convertible & 2011 H/D WideGlide
78 Posts
nqc414,
If it is indeed a K40 or BELL radar detector it will have the 'volume / power' switch located in the panel below the steering wheel above the pedals in the car.
I have seen and worked around more radar detectors in my line of work and find that most if not all the installers here in my market area place the 'switch' in that location.
If you rotate the 'long' stem of the switch it will adj the volume and turn it on and off.
If you rotate the 'outer' part it will switch it from 'highway to city'.

Hope that gets you in the right place.

RdKing

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nqc414,
If it is indeed a K40 or BELL radar detector it will have the 'volume / power' switch located in the panel below the steering wheel above the pedals in the car.
I have seen and worked around more radar detectors in my line of work and find that most if not all the installers here in my market area place the 'switch' in that location.
If you rotate the 'long' stem of the switch it will adj the volume and turn it on and off.

RdKing
Thanks, I will check tonight.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nqc414,

RdKing
I found the dial swich under the dash. It works exactly as you explained. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
2003 W220 S55 AMG 2011 & Camaro RS/SS Convertible & 2011 H/D WideGlide
78 Posts
nqc414,
glad you found it. I wouldnt remove it or disable it unless you plan on buying a VALENTINE1.
I have one in each of my cars and dont drive many cars without one, unless Im test-driving a customers car. Im not a speeder, so to speak of. It reminds me to check my speed. But we are all capable to do 45 in a 30 mph zone, and we all stand out in the crowd driving Benz cars..............
RdKing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nqc414,
glad you found it. I wouldnt remove it or disable it unless you plan on buying a VALENTINE1.
I have one in each of my cars and dont drive many cars without one, unless Im test-driving a customers car. Im not a speeder, so to speak of. It reminds me to check my speed. But we are all capable to do 45 in a 30 mph zone, and we all stand out in the crowd driving Benz cars..............
RdKing.
I do plan to keep it and use it. I just wanted to be able to turn the volume down or turn it off once in a while.

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes-Benz CL 500
46 Posts
Oh, yes! We do want pictures! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NQC Any pics of the bad boy we speak of?

ALi
I will get some pics posted this weekend. Im not sure who bought the blue one. Mine is Black on Black.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts