Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm surprised . . .

that they could not extract more power from the C240 by chip tuning. It seems the car is tuned with emissions foremost in mind, and that they could get more power at the expense of some increased emissions. It seems to me the car runs very lean.<p>Also, 168 hp from 2.6 liters is not that much, which suggests there is more power to be extracted from somewhere.<p>But who knows, there are a lot of variables to consider, and I think in general as engines and engine mgmt gets more sophisticated, there may be less left on the table for aftermarket tuners to pick up.<p>I'm also surprised that they were so honest in saying their chip only removes the limiter, but does not increase power. They could have said their "testing" showed a 10 or 12 hp increase, and no one would have known the difference. Kudos for their honesty (which will of course kill their US sales, why would one want to spend that kind of $$ and risk losing your warranty to only remove the speed limiter in the US??).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Hmmm

Check out:<p>http://www.hs-elektronik.com/datenblatt-d/mercedes-c240-170ps-240nm.html<p>They claim an additional 15 HP and 8% more torque for the C240.<p>There is no need to remove the non-existent speed limiter in the Heimat, where they actually put real tires on all C Classes (none of this H-rated "all season" crap).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Hmmm

I've not corresponded with the company you linked to. However, Vettenauer (sp) claimed similar hp and torque figures as well. These folks might actually do something to tweak the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts