Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new with these cars, and I want to know who makes a chip or a computer refresh for these cars. If anybody have done this please let me know. Also what do u suggest for exhaust option, Im from Puerto Rico.
thanks
luis........

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG
31 Posts
When you say comp refresh do you mean reset? If so try it but it might not give you a noticeable difference. As far as exhaust i would recommend cutting out the resonator and secondary cats if your car has them and putting a H pipe where the cats where. I have that set up on my car and i love it.
Good Luck,
Raffi

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when I said refresh is that I put a new software in my computer, like giac, that reprogram my car more lean, but safety. I used on my audi and it was the best $500 bucks that I had spend.

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
First, although not a answer to your question please do a search for ecu reset, since either a hard reset (battery disconnect, but remember to reset steering sensor/windows/sunroof/radio) or soft reset (proper use of the key and accelerator procedure does not require auxilirary system resets) will reset to the factory hard core set points for the ecu and tranny, over a few cycles those hard set points will "degrade" towards economy.

For ecu re-programming speedtuningusa.com, call or email Oliver - but for a W210 E55 gain will be not-so-much since the AMG programming was very diligent.

Good recommendation on the x-pipe, I cannto comment on the other exhaust recommendations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts