Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the owner is asking 3,000 dollars for a 1986 300e dark grey with body kit and rear wing. What should i check for on this model? I know the i6 engine is durable.
any input or advise? thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
2001 E320; 2002 ML500
1,982 Posts
First thing you check is for service records. If the vehicle was not properly maintained, run.

Sergio

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply! and a good one on that! I myself keep a record for all my veh. that I own to include the paper work for parts/ accesorries.

·
Premium Member
Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
1,719 Posts
How many miles?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
talked to the ower's wife and he's out on a busness trip and wont be back til
next week sometime. the 300e is in the back yard fenced in and she is out of
town at the moment also till monday afternoon. but asap, will get vin#,miles,
and any service records if any, to in clued a road test and free inspection at
western auto. he's also selling a 85 380sel black. thanks RHW,Sergio.

·
Premium Member
Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
1,719 Posts
If the body kit and wing do not completely float your boat...these cars can be had very cheap...for an 86 with under 100K miles I'd look to spend under $3000 if I were shopping, a little more only if immaculate paperwork was available and a little less if work is needed now.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the body kit and wing looks good from what I can see. also the sheet metal looks
good. between the rear tail lamps this car has lenses that goes right to the license tags on both sides making the tail lamps look longer. looked in the w124
picture thread and did't see any car with these lamp extentions. I don't know if
they are factory or aftermarket!!

·
Registered
1976 BMW 2002. 1991 250TD. 1995 E320. 2018 Honda Africa Twin
2,719 Posts
its a first eyar car.

id buy it for $1000 and no more based on that alone. unless it has very detailed maintenance and repair records.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats exactly what I will check for is any maintenance record and tell him 1,500 is
my offer. don't have a blue book quote or call the dealer for trade in value, but
thats ofcourse after a test drive/inspection, don't want to piss him off! asking
price is 3,200 negociable he told me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well this afternoon I got the miles 88,533. not bad, but the car has sat in the
tropical sun and the paint and wood trim has taking a beating! the body kit is Zender or something like that and vin # WBDEA30D6GA111950 . it's a fixer
upper( $$$ ). my brother has a paint shop and the rest I can work on. the only question is it mechanical condition of the motor and transmition . must wait on the owner to get back from busness trip. can some one decode that vin for me?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts