Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300E 2.6 174,000Miles
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having rough cold starts with my 1990 300e lately and have to gas it to get it running on the first crank if i dont gas it on the second crank turns on perfect.

i think its the cold start valve what do you guys think and how would i go about on checking the cold start valve?

·
Registered
2008 E350 4M, 2016 Audi Allroad, 2019 Audi Q5
5,445 Posts
You are in SF....not a cold enough climate that the CSV is an issue. You can run the car without it.

Start with the basics....last tune up? Spark plugs ok and gapped correctly?

Once that is done, I'd get a fuel pressure test done and see if you are losing it overnight aka check valve. This would explain the difficulty for initial start.
W124-Zone.com - Articles: Testing Fuel Pressures // KE-Jetronic

Try this also....turn key to turn on fuel pumps and cycle that 3-4 times then start the car and see if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
92 300e 225,000 miles
49 Posts
I have a similar issue, I live in a warm climate, but on those two-three times per year when it gets chilly, my 1992 300E will not start, cranks and cranks, but won't start. I'll go out an hour or so later, and she starts right up. I have new plugs and wires, done with the head gasket, and she runs great other than this one issue, how would one go about checking to see if this Cold start valve is the problem? Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts