Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scroll down and you will find a picture of the R171 SLK click on it and it will take you to the Exhaust system

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
237 Posts
Hmmm how does it work for what..???

Thanks for postig it but please educate me a bit..!

Cheers

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Exhaust system for the SLK with the bypass valve could be loud or normal with a press of a button!
If you want it to be Loud you press a button and flaps open in the exhaust system leting more sound to pass, if you wanted it to sound lower you again press the button so the flaps close

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
Yeah, I don't understand it either. I've seen one posted before where it bypasses the rear cat and muffler, thereby increasing power and sound. This one seems different. Instead it uses one of the exhausts as the bypass. Do they 'blow out' one side? Don't quite get it.

BTW, here's a link for one on a CLS. Pretty impressive.
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=138718&highlight=bypass

·
Registered
SLK55 AMG
113 Posts
Like the idea of this [:)][:)]

Maybe like the one Porsche offer for there 911

J

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dsb - 4/3/2006 8:08 AM

Yeah, I don't understand it either. I've seen one posted before where it bypasses the rear cat and muffler, thereby increasing power and sound. This one seems different. Instead it uses one of the exhausts as the bypass. Do they 'blow out' one side? Don't quite get it.

BTW, here's a link for one on a CLS. Pretty impressive.
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=138718&highlight=bypass
Impressive CLS[:)]

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
I might want one if it adds power and sound. However, it seems like it closes the exhaust when its not engaged. The CLS installation operates differently. Am I the only one that sees it this way?

·
Registered
Black SLK55
57 Posts
how much and where can i get this done in the UK?

·
Registered
2006 SLK 55 AMG
132 Posts
This is just what I have been looking for to increase the exhaust sound on the 55. Anybody contact them to find out the cost? Will they ship to the USA?

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ive sent them an email and I just wanted to know much does it cost with shipping to Kuwait!

·
Registered
2006 SLK 55 AMG
132 Posts
Alroumi: Any reply to your email? I sent an email note to them with the same request but with shipping to the US. I did not receive a reply.

·
Registered
'06 SLK 350
192 Posts
Interesting that they'd be illegal anywhere. In California (where EVERYTHING cool is illegal) we can use 'em so long as they bypass *after* the catalytic converter. At that point, so long as it meets the sound requirments (which are pretty lenient) it's perfectly legal.

The old Mitsubishi 3000-GT-VR4 had a setup like this from the factory. One side of the exhaust was a "real" muffler and the other was pretty much decoration. With the flip of a switch the exhaust would divert to the "decorative" side instead of the muffled side.

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
98indypacer - 4/6/2006 3:51 AM

Alroumi: Any reply to your email? I sent an email note to them with the same request but with shipping to the US. I did not receive a reply.
Me 2, I hate it when they are Snooby such as Brabus , and this thing Still no reply I swear they just look at the email and say okay wtf and continue there boring life[:)]

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
Do you still keep the same 4x AMG exhausts sticking out the rear of the car or does the whole thing have to be changed.

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you for posting those pictures, Still no email from them

1 - 20 of 24 Posts