Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,103 Posts
It does not specify whether it is for the SE/L or for the SEC.

Can't tell from the drawing on the website whether the cutout in the middle looks like an SE/L or SEC grille.

Porsche has been using a similar product to protect the rear flared fenders for a long time. But this product covers all frontal surfaces. That is a lot of plastic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there guys. I happen to work with StonGard and would be happy to answer any and all of your paint protection film questions. Michael if you let me know more about your vehicle I can get you all the schematics and such.

Jeremy
[8D]

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
AxelWulff - 5/4/2005 6:28 PM

It does not specify whether it is for the SE/L or for the SEC.

Can't tell from the drawing on the website whether the cutout in the middle looks like an SE/L or SEC grille.

Porsche has been using a similar product to protect the rear flared fenders for a long time. But this product covers all frontal surfaces. That is a lot of plastic.
Looks like a SE/L. You can tell by the hood grille area as well as the valence underneath.

Anyone interested in preserving your car from being stoned? Perhaps a group-buy? If price is right.. I might be interested.

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
The cost of the paint guard is just as expensive as repainting the parts.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
I think the hood and the head light valence would be of interest.. All my MB's show the most wear and tear in those areas.

Jonathan

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can definately help put together some great prices on StonGard as a group buy or just to be a nice guy.

I agree it is nearly as expensive to put on StonGard as to repaint parts BUT, you only pay once NOT everytime the part gets ruined..lol

Jeremy Adler
StonGard, Inc.
AutoGard USA

2001 E320 custom paint

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Not bad from what I've seen in price. $291 for an 86 W126.. Heh, tho I'd need a full paint job first... I just LoVe that Blue on my baby.

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
jhodg5ck - 5/5/2005 11:26 PM

I think the hood and the head light valence would be of interest.. All my MB's show the most wear and tear in those areas.

Jonathan
Same here.. mainly the hood and valence are the areas that Im worried about the most.

Jeremy.. what sort of deal can you set up per individual and group buy? thanks.

·
Registered
1990 560SEL
198 Posts
How does it clean? If you go through the wash, clay, polish, etc. route what happens to this stuff? I'd like to see a satisfied customer's car a year after application.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2000 Audi TT with a kit we put on 4 1/2 years ago. This is a shop car that everyone and their brother drives and no one washes. I would be happy and post some if you are interested. Also after 3 days you can wash the vehicle just like regular. I suggest when waxing that you apply away from the film to make it easier but the film itself will shine up just like your cars paint......I love the questions guys keep them coming.

Jeremy

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK fellow BenzWorld Enthusiasts....What I did was put in a coupon code for Benzworld members. Just go to the following link https://secure.stongard.com/shoponline.aspx when you check out just put in coupon code: 384cea7d this will give you 25% ANYTHING for one week. Expires 5/13/2005. Anybody who wants can call me 800-350-4897 to answer questions.

Jeremy Adler
StonGard Inc.
AutoGard USA
[:0]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts