Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,

The "Check oil at next refueling" message popped up the other day, took it to MB and oil was a quart low. Next day I'm driving and message shows up again.

Just turned 10,000 miles on the car. Thinking probably a sensor, but is this a common occurrence?

FF

·
Registered
2013 C300 Sport Darth V 3.0
788 Posts
If you are coming up to 10K you are going to be doing your service A. Have them check the sensors while they are doing the service. My 2011 goes in next week for it's first service A can't believe I have almost 10K on it already.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oil is fine, just checked it again two days after MB dealer checked it and put a quart in.

Service A was done prior to purchase at 8,500 miles so no need to bring it in for a while.

I'm just wondering why that message keeps popping up every now and then.

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes Benz C230 - Tastefully Modded
49 Posts
Same message popped up on my 08 c230 while on a road trip to Seattle from Vancouver back in Nov. I stopped and checked the oil when I got has thankfully only a fewiles away since I hadn't fueled up for the road trip yet. Oil level seemed fine on the dipstick so I continued to drive. Message popped back up no more than 5 miles down the I-5 so had me a little worried. Once I got to Seattle I just want to the closet autoparts store and got a quart of Mobile 1 synthetic and put it in. Three months later message has t returned so it must have just been a little low on oil.

·
Registered
2015 ML250 BTC
1,314 Posts
Some of MB v6s burn a lot of oil at least compared to what I am used to with MB's v8s (e.g., about 1/2 qt. over 11k miles) and still they may be in spec. The old C320 always took more than a qt. But, there was never any worry about being a qt. low before adding more as the oil capacty of the engine is huge. I'm just happy to finally have a dipstick on the C300. We purchased it used so there's always the chance the first owner was not as meticulous about following directions over the break-in period as I would wish. As the manual says, let the car sit for a while before checking the level and make sure the car is level. And, you may have to find a good light and wear some glasses because the level of super clean oil is sometimes hard to see. And, there is a big caution about over-filling or you'll blow some seals.

·
Registered
2009 C300 4matic
48 Posts
My car displays the same message, but only after driving 150+ miles without stopping. I've checked it , but found the oil level OK. Is this maybe an "idiot light" reminding you to check your oil level?

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Never experienced this w/08 C300. No measurable oil use (per dipstick measurement) between scheduled oil changes.

·
Registered
2007 C230
3 Posts
i have a 2007 C230 that I recently purchased and had an oil changed about a month ago and the same message popped up on my dashboard also. I was confused and a little worried because oil should not burn out in a car that fast unless there is some kind of leak somewhere or something is wrong. My car is still under warranty so I can going to look into it now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, I had the same Issue of check oil level at next refuelling. Changed the sensor and made sure exactly 8litres was put in the engine, but to no avail. However, it was eventually discovered that the thinner wire connecting the sensor was cut. Fixed it and waha, the car is perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.