1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
E55 AMG V8 Kompressor W211
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen this before?
Getting the CHECK LAMP LIGHTS warring in dash but
I am sure as been alive none is defective it just started out of the blue..

Anyone seen this before? Only I can think of if the front park lights is LED
with Cambus, they are working but can the cambus resistance fail?

I know my car from ass to titties and normaly yes one is deffective, it also is periodicly it does it what in hells name?

Anyobody knows?

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
Anyone seen this before?
Getting the CHECK LAMP LIGHTS warring in dash but
I am sure as been alive none is defective it just started out of the blue..
I've had this. No defective light (apparently). Then later a licence plate bulb was out. I looked at it, and the bulb was fine - it just needed cleaning up at the socket. The diagnostics pass a very small current through all bulbs, and a high resistance contact will fail the test, although the bulb will work on full voltage for a while.

If you wait a few weeks, I'm sure that the offending bulb will show itself. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx

I've had this. No defective light (apparently). Then later a licence plate bulb was out. I looked at it, and the bulb was fine - it just needed cleaning up at the socket. The diagnostics pass a very small current through all bulbs, and a high resistance contact will fail the test, although the bulb will work on full voltage for a while.

If you wait a few weeks, I'm sure that the offending bulb will show itself. :thumbsup:
Thx keyhole I try give some weeks your proberly right. Thing is also is diff to see when it happens if is like you say then better wait a while. About the hid I doubt is them tought they got a ballast fitted if those fail well gues I just try replace them with the org until the failing one shows up...

Thx to you both. Nice to since is long time I got any anwers for my posted problems was afrraid the forum.was dying lol

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still the same???

I don't get it I cleaned all the sockets everywhere but still the same.
Even sometimes it pops up when driving make BEEP CHECK LIGHTS make me crazy now!
Nothing front tried even banging on the glass to check if something is loose but nothing not even flashing all the lights are working 100%..
Will try remove and re install the headlight xenon bulbs weekend, only the beep check lights starts when headlight switch is place in 1 position this kind of exclude the xenon daytime headlights..
Nr plade lights 100% working led can-bus aswell!

Could it be they can fail after long time? we speak aprox 6 month but the light works but I think maybe the can bus thingy?

Else will have to replace them all what else to do..

Anyone tried this before except keyhole let me know

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thx

Thx for the reply to the both of you!

Citylights? I take it you mean the 2 small lamps I got in the middle?
Yes they all work perfectly. Side markers I have not on the body only in the mirrors and they also work fine!

So I checked it all multiple times I just don't get it lol have also had the car for over 1 year now and never seen this before only when a bulb truly is broken or if installing none can-bus leds

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
same

I meant the amber clearance/front side marker lamps in the front bumper. Are those good?
no problem mate and thanks but I also got none on the bumbers :)
else yes all are good and is same today even when driving after it already pop up when I started car and turn the swich it makes beep I see it the dash I change to another screen and then suddenly again when driving beep, what pain in the butt damn lol

·
Registered
2002 CLK 430
191 Posts
I had the same issue a few months ago - warning came on and all lights functioned properly. On a whim/advice from this board, I replaced the license plate bulbs and have never seen the warning since. The contacts looked new as well - just guessing like others have said/posted, it may be on the way out the door.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still same problem lol

Now I replaced all the bulbs on the car on the rear!
Except license bulbs will try with another pair today..
But else still same problem and all lights are working fine..
This is making me insane lol what the H is that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
C300 check license plate lamp

I've got a c300 2008 and have been getting the "check left license plate lamp". Turns out that even after replacing both lamps I keep getting the error every now and then. Found out that even when lights are off I can see a very low light coming off that left plate lamp.

Anyone got experience fixing this issue?

Thanks in advance!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts