Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys here is the situation as it stand today. My repair guy was not in the shop Friday so I did not let them fix it. I just don’t trust the other guys there since I had a problem with another Benz I owned. Any way more on point.

I went to AutoZone today to get the fault code read, thanks for that tip guys, and he came back with six. 5 were engine misfires so I need a tune up which I will get Wed. when my mechanic returns. However I also got a fault for

P1170 ESO Engine shut off fault what ever that is.

P0400 Malfunction in the Gas Recirculation Flow.

The other codes were as follows: P0300, P0302, P0304, & P0306

Ok guys help me out here what do you think I should say to my mechanic. I like to sound informed so that things are done that only need to be done and I am not taken for a ride. Also the car is smooth until I have to press the gas hard to try to pass and it will start choking out. All I have to do is turn off the car and restart and it goes away.

What steps should I take guys any idea? I want Wed. to be the last day I deal with this. Oh also I have some dark green hose that is not connected under the hood. It is about the circumference of a coffee straw but that is all I can figure from it.

·
Registered
01 CLK 430 Cab
219 Posts
If you have a code for gas restriction you have a problem. Obviously gas is having trouble getting to the injectors, which in turn will set off random multiple missfires hence code P0300, and codes 301,302,303, and etc mean which cylinder had a missfire. For example P0303 = means cylinder 3 random missfire. I doubt you need a tune up, and coil pack failure on a 113 is very rare. Sounds to me that you either have a bad fuel filter which is restricting fuel flow to injectors thus creating a lean missfire condition. Have your toons at the shop reset all codes, drive the car with a fuel pressure guage installed and verify under normal driving conditionts that a minimum of 55 psi remains at the fuel rail. Under WOT you should see an increase of 10 psi at atmosphere. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great info Josh that makes very good sense. I will have the fuel filter changed and have a pressure test done on the fuel line.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts