Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
ML 55, ML 430, S500
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 SL550 and am supposed to be able to check the oil level thru the cluster. The operator's manual states that you can go to the "standard display" and then page down using the "arrows" to the "check oil level" screen. When I page down I get "maintenance interval" and "tire pressure" screens as described in the manual but no "check oil level" screen. Has anyone else had that problem??

Would appreciate any insight anyone has. Thanks.

·
Registered
ML 55, ML 430, S500
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dip Stick

Streetglower...thanks. i know that it has a dip stick. what puzzles me is that the operators manual says you can check the oil level thru the cluster as well as with a dip stick. at first I thought that since it had a dip stick you wouldn't have the capability to check it thru the cluster. what do you think?

·
Registered
2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
1,344 Posts
not sure i would have to check another car at work, i have never tried it through the cluster cause it has a dipstick.

·
Registered
2007 SL 550, 50th Anniversary Edition
267 Posts
Mine can't be checked from he cluster either, even though the owners manual says it can be done. Also the owners manual shows the dipstick located in the front of the engine, but it is really at the rear of the engine...go figure.

·
Registered
ML 55, ML 430, S500
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Streetglower...thanks, would appreciate you checking another 2007 at work when you get a chance....I am really puzzled.
Millpond....yes, I noticed that also. I checked an '06 SL and oil level can be checked BOTH at the engine and cluster. Maybe MB was using up some of their extra operators manuals left over from '06

·
Registered
2007 SL 550, 50th Anniversary Edition
267 Posts
Maybe MB was using up some of their extra operators manuals left over from '06
That is probably the case, especially if your SL was an early production car (mine was put into service in June of 2006).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts