Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Check Engine light

799 Views 5 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  recaro18
My Check Engine light is on and I know it is the oxygen sensor, but the guy I bought the car from a year ago told me a trick to reset it... does anyone know the trick? I can't remember.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
W202
36 Posts
the trick is, just remove the negative cable of the battery, and then wait for like 5-10 m...

the trick is, just remove the negative cable of the battery, and then wait for like 5-10 minutes, then reconnect..it should reset....goodluck...

· Registered
W202
36 Posts
hmmmm..it worked for me, and i know my O2 sensor is bad too....i just keep resetting it......

hmmmm..it worked for me, and i know my O2 sensor is bad too....i just keep resetting it...i guess yours is really bad now huh...you sure you waited long enough? try turning on your lights while the battery is disconnected, to drain out all the juice from other electrical components...goodluck

· Registered
W202
36 Posts
hmm..the E-brake light...check your fluid on the reservoir, make sure its not low...(not s...

hmm..the E-brake light...check your fluid on the reservoir, make sure its not low...(not sure if that affects it, but check it anyway?...or maybe your E-brake handle switch is broken....hope it works...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.