Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light is on and I had it scanned. The attached picture is the list of codes. Am I screwed? Could this be just one thing wrong? My son-in-law works on cars so I have a mechanic. Thanks for any help.
229B2AAD-64A1-4CE9-8DA0-DCE2A3534089.jpeg
229B2AAD-64A1-4CE9-8DA0-DCE2A3534089.jpeg

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
Also obtain the actual codes and post them here after Skippiy's suggestion. Looks like an electrical problem to me.

·
Registered
35,776 Posts
Yeah, there is no way you can get such a list of codes all at once.
Usually something can be created by low car voltage, or they are stored codes, so clear them as advised and next time pay attention if that is stored or active code.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Agreed on the above, especially regarding low car voltage. I had a battery acting funny once, and all kinds of codes popped up.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Yes if you answer all those totally relevant questions if will help us diagnose for you.

Low battery voltage / poor battery condition = funny bizzare symptoms.

So besides getting precise codes have battery load tested too.

Post em here + those answers and you'll see instant help....

David in Texas

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I've been meaning to back to this. I've been working. My son-in-law said his neighbor has something to clear the codes.
My battery we wonky a few years ago but (knock on wood) it's been good. Now my control panel(dash board), that's not working well...no display, no lights, no gas gauge and my light on the heat & radio will flicker at night when the lights are on.
It's a 2001 e430 and has over 125,000 on it. I don't know exact because as I said I have no display on my control panel.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Best first step is to disassemble the battery connections, clean the posts and attaching fixtures, reconnect and then provide the following voltage readings:
Engine not running
Engine running

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
A typical ‘next step’ is to erase the codes, drive the car and rescan.
Some of the codes shown may be old and not the critical ones today.
A good idea. I scanned a c203 earlier today, found 7 codes, cleared them and only two remained.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ohh okay thank you I just replaced my fuel filter everything is connected correctly but it idles rough and is telling me multiple cylinder misfire.....I'm skunked it's fuel or spark related but that doesn't narrow it down much....

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Ohh okay thank you I just replaced my fuel filter everything is connected correctly but it idles rough and is telling me multiple cylinder misfire.....I'm skunked it's fuel or spark related but that doesn't narrow it down much....
Was it idling rough before the FF change?
Scan and post any codes you have.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes it was and stalling. What I'm pointing too what is it? And it's making a constant loud whining noise?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok how do I reset the codes? Oreilly & autozone don’t do it. I don’t want to pay a lot of money to do it...I have no money to do it. 😔😉

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bought my autolink obdll scan tool at Wal-Mart $50 plug it in your computer port beside good lever inside of car let it read then erase. These are the codes it is giving me.....

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
My brother-in-law tried his, it will erase but it wouldn’t clear the codes.
How is the car running ? How is the idle ? acceleration ? Does the car shake when idling ? Does the car run rough when it is warmed up or when is it cooled ?

The codes you have can be grouped.
1) The O2 sensor /fuel trim related codes (P0130 / P0150, P0170 / P/0173
2) EGR function related codes (P0400, P0105.

Item 1 can be due to a bad MAF or a bad intake air leak. If MAF, typically P0170/173 codes would have popped up.

Item 2: If P015 exists, you will get P0400, as EGR testing is dependent on readings from the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor fault can be due to implausible intake pressure readings (apart from an electrical issue.

That is why it is important that you describe the drive problems you are having in detail.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts