Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If posted before my aplolgies. The dash light came on for my wife's 2003 E320 Sport sedan. After doing research and not finding anything specific for her model. I took the chance and disconnected the battery. Charged it up. Reconnected the battery the next day and the "Check engine" was reset and not on. All the other icons for oil and other systems didn't show anything. So it must have been a reminder for service work. YMMV. In this case it saved me a trip to the shop.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
You have not addressed the cause for the CEL. When it comes on again take it to Advanced Auto or Autozone and get the codes read. If you post the codes, I am sure someone will help you fix the actual problem. The CEL does not light up as a service reminder.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
CEL is not tied to your Service Work.
CEL could be for many many reasons. For example, clogged air filter, loose hose, disconnected wiring harness, loose fuel cap.

You need that code. What Michael said. Get it and know what the Code is telling you.

If posted before my aplolgies. The dash light came on for my wife's 2003 E320 Sport sedan. After doing research and not finding anything specific for her model. I took the chance and disconnected the battery. Charged it up. Reconnected the battery the next day and the "Check engine" was reset and not on. All the other icons for oil and other systems didn't show anything. So it must have been a reminder for service work. YMMV. In this case it saved me a trip to the shop.:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts