Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The check engine light came on last week one time on my 1999 CLK 430 Coupe.The next time I started the car, the CEL did not come on and it has not come on since. Yesterday, I took the car into my dealer for a "B" service and mentioned that the light had come on. He called me later and indicaded that the code reader had found that the light came on because of an oxygen sensor warning and that I needed a new mass air, part #113-894-00-48, $422.40 plus 1.5 hours labor.

Does anyone know if this is a valid MB part # for a "mass air sensor"?

Does anyone know of a Bosch cross reference for this part?
The service writer indicated that the sensor needed was "forward of the catalytic converter" and "was the expensive one".
The car has 80,000 miles on it and runs fine.
I declined the repairs suggested by the service writer.
If anyone has information or suggestions, please respond.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
97 Posts
My light came on a few days ago as well but it went off. I'm debating on whether I should bring the car in to get it checked out. It cost about $80.00 for that.:crybaby2:

·
Registered
2002 430clk;2005 Yamaha YZF R1;08 Range Rover Sport
1,290 Posts
There is a lot here on the MAF sensor if thats the problem, do a search and you should find what you need

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
snakoiler said:
There is a lot here on the MAF sensor if thats the problem, do a search and you should find what you need
Thanks snakeoiler, I now know more about MAF than I ever thought I wanted to. Found the corresponding Bosch part # (0 280 217 810) $251.55 from Imported Parts.com, I know what it looks like and I think I know how to install it. This is one terrific site.

It is a shame that my local MB Dealer is so inferior to my local Nissan Dealer who takes care of my pickup truck. I had good service back in Thousand Oaks California at Silverstar But the general attitude of the service writer and dealership sales people where I am at now gurantee's that I will never buy the CLS that I had been looking at.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jasonowens32 said:
My light came on a few days ago as well but it went off. I'm debating on whether I should bring the car in to get it checked out. It cost about $80.00 for that.:crybaby2:
Jason, cost me $96 bucks to learn not to trust my local dealer. Money well spent when I went over my B service report and found out what it cost me for them to check the boxes and give me back a report that had neither name, vin# or date on it. As far as I am concerned it was the most expensive oil change in history, or at least my history. If you change thos wheels, let me know what you want for the take offs. I need something to put Studded snow tires on where I live now and I would rather not use my AMG 17s for that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
fastsaluki said:
The check engine light came on last week one time on my 1999 CLK 430 Coupe.The next time I started the car, the CEL did not come on and it has not come on since. Yesterday, I took the car into my dealer for a "B" service and mentioned that the light had come on. He called me later and indicaded that the code reader had found that the light came on because of an oxygen sensor warning and that I needed a new mass air, part #113-894-00-48, $422.40 plus 1.5 hours labor.

Does anyone know if this is a valid MB part # for a "mass air sensor"?

Does anyone know of a Bosch cross reference for this part?
The service writer indicated that the sensor needed was "forward of the catalytic converter" and "was the expensive one".
The car has 80,000 miles on it and runs fine.
I declined the repairs suggested by the service writer.
If anyone has information or suggestions, please respond.
I recently have been having the exact same experience with my 2000 clk320. I also recently went to the dealer for a B service and asked about the CEL coming on and off. I was quoted a very similar price, around $500, to replace the MAF sensor. I was also told that I could probably drive the car for another year without noticing any performance issues. Eventually the engine will begin to idle roughly, so I was told. Even so, the light bugs me. Seems like a lot of $$ to turn off a light. It's good to hear that Bosch makes a suitable part for less money. I'll look into it. Thanks to everyone for the information.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm not sure if it actually works but so far it has been working for me. when the cel is on, I open the gas cap and then close it, the next day when I start the engine, the cel is gone. I have changed the MAF once a couple of year ago when I first bought the car....my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2000 E55 AMG, 2009 GL550, 1954 LINCOLN CAPRI. 1967 VW BEETLE
249 Posts
bosch is the OEM manufacturer for the part, so its exactly the same one you would buy from MB, food for thought

1 - 9 of 9 Posts