Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my car was running fine when the check engine light came on in the display and the light came on. The manual said it is a fuel related problem. I believe this because I smelled gas in the car but not outside. Long story short the car started running ruff and would only make it up to 40MPH.

I have an appointment at the shop for Friday but do you guys have any ideas? This morning the car ran fine but the lights are still on. Strange!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yea I was thinking the same thing. I do not see a leak and as of today the smell is gone and the car is as smooth a silk. The lights are still on so I have to have this fixed soon. Any more ideas?

·
Registered
CLK320
945 Posts
RJBENZ,

When that happened to me it was the MAF. I have found that it could be one of three things as per the owner's manual: loose gas cap, faulty MAF, or a faulty O2 sensor. My wife brought the car in to the stealership to have a diag run and it turned out to be the MAF (wish it was a bad gas cap, gas cap = $20, MAF = $260). Well after finding out the least expensive MAF I could find was going to be around $200 after shipping I told my wife, fine just have then do it (just this one time). Well good news, the service manager was actually helping my wife and he topped up all the fluids, did a little service job, changed the MAF, and gave her the complete diag print-out all for the price of the MAF. I guess it's the advantage of sending the wife who is a professionally belly dancer in to the dealership, er I mean stealership. Sometimes I guess we can be lucky.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts