Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Runs perfectly, though the last time the check engine light came on I had driven 50 miles. I've only driven about 15 miles so far since new coils. But I'll be driving some more today. I think that once I've gone 100 miles without that light coming back on I will be satisfied.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Ha, I thought it ran perfectly, only now it is even better. It is even smoother and seems like moving the vehicle is effortless or magic like using spacecraft technology. As smooth as the car was before, the new ignition coils really made a difference. I didn't really notice it until today when I went to a friends place where, on the way, there are little hills and valleys to go thru, and the car just feels different. There had to be a coil or maybe more than one that was just off a little bit... Not even enough to throw a code until you go 50 miles or more... I recommend anyone who's got 140K miles to get new coils as part of a tune up! Or if you got a check engine light keep looking till you get it squared away because when your engine is happy, you'll know!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thanks, AZ, ..with new O2 sensors, new mass airflow meter, all new spark plugs and all new coils, and all new air filters, new engine oil, new coolant, new fluids in differentials and transfer case, new car wax on the paint, new window wipers, new wheels and tires... Dare I say there's not much left! I think we are ready for winter and the next 100K miles

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
There's a reason we drive this car and this is it. Even though it may be expensive and a hassle to fix, it is still one of the best rides you can enjoy for the money.
I drove mine to San Diego this past weekend and boy! did I have a great time? The car was 'gliding' smooth like hot knife on butter.

Enjoy it my man.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts