Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 C320
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear my check engine light comes on my 2004 C320 on specific intervals. Each time it hits 3/4 gas, boom, check engine.

I was coming home trying to make a light just now, and bent a corner fast, look down, check engine. But I also look and see it is 3/4. I checked my gas cap and tightened it to make sure, as I always do when check engine comes on, and it seems to go away after a day.

I just want to know why this occurs or if it happens to anyone else. I don't want to pay $100 each time for Mercedes to tell me it is an O2 sensor, and then pay $300 for it to not really affect my car in anyway, whatsoever. I got my B service less than a month ago, and to my knowledge, this includes an inspection of the car. The last major repair I have had done to this used car is the valve gasket covers repaired. Other than that, the Mercedes service team said it is in tip-top condition and say I am doing a wonderful job with the upkeep of the car.

He also said I am chasing a ghost if I keep worrying about a Check Engine light. But... I just don't want to be stranded.... or my car to blow up on me. And I know you guys can't do much through a computer screen.

Thank you..... for reading my rant.....

·
Registered
2004 C320
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
get the codes scanned to find out why it is coming on. free at autozone.
Last time I did this they said the fluids were too rich in banks 1 and 2. Benz service manager said this could mean many minor things. Still irks me.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,534 Posts
What were the codes? It could be a weak fuel pump, or a bad purge valve on the charcoal canister, or even a bad gasket on the fuel tank cap.

·
Registered
2004 C320
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't remember the codes from last time I went to pep boys.

But today I got my haircut, hopped in my car to leave the barber shop at 7:45PM, and BAM! It's gone. That was a great feeling lol.

So about 9 hours of Check Engine and it went away...

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,534 Posts
It takes 3 to 5 start/stop cycles to clear the MIL when there is an intermittent error.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts