Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1999 Mercedes S500 started shaking and check engine light came on while I was driving today. Car shakes noticeably when idled and when driven. Im thinking motor mounts but can anyone else give me some ideas of what to look for?

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Check the OBDII codes under the steering wheel. Motor mounts could be bad but they wouldn't trigger the CE light.

·
Registered
1997 S500
281 Posts
You lost an ignition coil. Go get a cheap code reader, plug it in and figure out which one is bad. There are eight-one for each cylinder. The code will be P300 through P308 most likely. Each one refers to a specific cylinder. Go here Your Parts Search Returned 1 Part(s) and order the coil and the spark plug connector. Problem solved. My S500 has 145,XXX miles on it and I've replaced 7 coils. You might as well oder an extra to have on hand. Good luck

Paul

·
Registered
1999 S500 (W140)
170 Posts
You lost an ignition coil. Go get a cheap code reader, plug it in and figure out which one is bad. There are eight-one for each cylinder. The code will be P300 through P308 most likely. Each one refers to a specific cylinder. Go here Your Parts Search Returned 1 Part(s) and order the coil and the spark plug connector. Problem solved. My S500 has 145,XXX miles on it and I've replaced 7 coils. You might as well oder an extra to have on hand. Good luck

Paul
this sounds about right :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dear friend I has Mercedes S 320 model 1998: I have problem in it
• When I need to start up and change the gear from N to R or from N to D there is little shaking
• At driving if I slow down my speed for bumpy then press the fuel to speedy the engine shaking continually until I stop the car and switch of the car and restart again the engine bake normally and stable
• Pleas tell what’s the reason.

·
Registered
2004 S500
115 Posts
pchansen1 - I just want to say you are what these forums are all about! Great help on that shaking problem for that guy. I will feel less nervous when that happens to me now since I know the issue. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts