Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
00 ML430 05 ML500
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light came on yesterday on my 2000 ML430. I drove to Autozone to borrow the OBD scanner and these codes came out; code P0400,P0156,P0161. I have read in other post that I would have to remove the EGR tube and clean it out and reinstall clear the codes and wait and see what happens. My question to you all, is how hard is it to take off the inlet air tube in back of the engine. When the inlet tube is removed is it best to remve the tube from the manifold along with the EGR valve together or just try to take out the tube alone from the EGR valve. Last question, how is the tube screwed on the EGR valve for removal. Thank you

Albert

·
Registered
2005 ML500
40 Posts
Oxygen sensor and EGR valve.

The difficulty is trying to not break anything while taking apart the intake. I took off the pipe and it was clean, reassembled the car and took it to the local dealership. My EGR bill was $722, but at least I knew the problem was solved.

To do the work you will nee a 24mm "short" wrench and a torx socket set. Oh yeah... dont forget patience.

·
Registered
500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
5,801 Posts
Getting the tube out is a bit of a pain. Not hard, just annoying. You have to bend it at the right angle to remove it and when you re-install. If you do a search, there is a DIY with pictures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts