Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Check Engine light came on today and is reporting the error code 0341, i cannot get it to clear with my cheap scanner. Can anyone tell me what this error code is and maybe how to fix/clear it?

2004 C240..

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
First, let me be the first to welcome you to our great forum.

P0341 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance. Common on these cars. There maybe 2, one for each camshaft, not sure, someone with a V6 can chime in. It's $113 at Duval Motors online website (link on my website), pretty easy to replace, a couple of minutes and it's on top of the motor so no getting to dirty. BTW, my website has all the codes under resources.

Also, some of the cheap scanners don't work 100% with MBs, don't know why. If you can return it you can try another. I use windows software from OBD-2.com and if it doesn't work, I complain to Alex Pepper and he makes it good, so far, haven't come across a car it doesn't work on.

BTW, good idea to post your city and car model in your profile, that way someone in your area maybe able to help, for example, if you lived near me I would certainly reset your code for ya.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

The check engine light was gone this morning for my 20 mile commute to work. About half way home this evening though it came back on with the same error code..

I live in Torrance, Ca.
2004 C240

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Sure, that's normal. What happens is there's a threshold for certain errors. They start life out as temporary codes, you can view them with a good scanner like mine. Then when they reach a certain threshold they light up the CEL. When it drops below the threshold they come back. Might as well get it fixed.

If you need help resetting it once it's fixed and you are willing to drive to the O.C., I can help you out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Documentation

Where can i find a repair manual or CD for the C240? At least some pictures of where this particular sensor is....

Thanks for all of your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I believe i found the sensor that needs to be replaced but of course i don't have the right sockets, are these just 6 point sockets or are they called something else? I believe the sensor has a 7mm 6 point socket on it. Is there anything else i should be careful with while replacing this sensor? a gasket or something?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts