Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
e320 1998
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have searched thoroughly on this and i've found that it could be my MAF or the left/right fuel lines going off. I have been topping off and I was wondering what kind of damage would that cause. After about two days, the light has turned off, so does that mean that everything is ok, or should I just get the MAF checked again. Also, is there a past post showing how to take off the MAF ?
THanks

·
Registered
CLK320
945 Posts
Topping off can cause this to happen. If I'm not mistaking, it has to do with the pressure build-up in the gas tank. But you may want to bring the car in to the dealership to at least get a diag completed to see if the computer is saying that it is your MAF.

Good Luck, mine was the MAF. Was hoping for a bad gas cap, but that wasn't the case.

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
the ONLY way to find out is to have the dealer interrogate the computer for stored faults with the Star diagnostic equipment. Notice that I said dealer and Star, this does not include Autozone and the other diagnostic computers as they will only provide you with broad, general info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts