Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've recently become quite fond of the 500e and was hoping to buy one, however after a bit of reading I quickly found out how desirable they are. What is the average going price for these models? How many people on this forum own one? Just curious :)

Thanks,

Spencer

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,393 Posts
It's really all about vehicle condition and service records, service records and more service records.

Worst mistake you can make is by getting lulled into getting a "cheap" Mercedes. There is nothing more expensive, especially so with a niche model like the W124 500E/E500.

Best money saved is by getting the best possible vehicle you can find. That means the price should not be #1 requirement. If price is a concern, get a 400E/E420 for a fraction of the price and get 85% of the 500E/E500 joy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's really all about vehicle condition and service records, service records and more service records.

Worst mistake you can make is by getting lulled into getting a "cheap" Mercedes. There is nothing more expensive, especially so with a niche model like the W124 500E/E500.

Best money saved is by getting the best possible vehicle you can find. That means the price should not be #1 requirement. If price is a concern, get a 400E/E420 for a fraction of the price and get 85% of the 500E/E500 joy.
Thanks for the info! Do any companies offer reproduction panels so I could have the 500 body flares?

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,393 Posts
I think there were a handful of 3rd fibreglass type panels. The originals are still available from MB, but with the expected MB 500E/E500 price tag.

Google is your best friend for this type of search.

FWIW, there was somebody (from Australia???) selling some 500E wings a while back. Do a search on this forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think there were a handful of 3rd fibreglass type panels. The originals are still available from MB, but with the expected MB 500E/E500 price tag.

Google is your best friend for this type of search.

FWIW, there was somebody (from Australia???) selling some 500E wings a while back. Do a search on this forum.
Thank you sir, I'll start looking around!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts