Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to purchase an amg sport kit for my 97 e320 and was just wondering which place to go through to get the absolute lowest price..let me know also if anyone has anything for sale...

·
Registered
2012 ML350, 2005 AMG E55, 1998 E320, 1993 300CE CV Wide Body Twin Turbo
331 Posts
Outside of eBay and replica kits, try PerformanceProducts . com. They also have stores around the country. I was going to purchase one about a year ago, and I beleive my quote was around $2600 for the original AMG kit (front bumber, rear bumber, side skirts, mounting hardware, and foglights. If not in stock they will order it. and get it with in 2-3 weeks.

Hope this helps.

PS: Just out of curiousity, why AMG kit?

·
Registered
2012 ML350, 2005 AMG E55, 1998 E320, 1993 300CE CV Wide Body Twin Turbo
331 Posts
I have a 98 e320 and wanted a kit too, except that Lorinser and Brabus only made small skirt add-ons (not full bumper replacements). So at the time, to me, AMG seemed the only solution, until I looked through this site's galleries and saw Jimmy's car. It has a full bumber replacement Carlsson kit. Wald is making a bumper replacement kit as well, but my opinion, Carlsson is wey better looking. So I started a search and 5 months later I have the kit. It's being painted and will be on pretty soon. I know someone who may have a copy of that same kit, very inexpensive.

The original is 1-3 months away and atleast $3500 US dollars, only to be ordered from Carlsson dealers who in turn will have to order it from Robert Hurera (the only North American Carlsson official Dealer) who in turn will order it directly from Carlsson. I just went through that. If you have any friends in Germany they can pick it up, pay local tax, and ship it to you.

There are a lot of local guys that sell different replicas of different kits anywhere from $300-$1500 US dollars. Some crap and some very good quality.

Any way, it looks like you are doing exact same thing I did a year ago, and I just want to save you some time. AMG is not the only body kit for that car, so look around and don't settle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts