Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1986 190e 16 valve that im trying to sell. Most of the goodies are gone. It has no engine no tranny, no ABS system no diff, no axels, no interrior, no body kit, im pretty much selling it as a frame, but the suspension still is there. It has stiff front suspension, stock rear hydraulics, and all the windows with regulators. It moves so it can be put onto a trailer, other then there are no tie rods. The reason im selling it is because there are 2 rust holes in the trunk, and im being evicted from my shop. In my case its not worth fixing, because i have 4 other 190's i can swap the stuff into. Anyhow if someone wants this clear titled vehicle for $500 OBO (I'd probably sell it for $350 if u call before im evicted from my shop) email me at [email protected] but i suggest you call me at (541) 914-2383

Im located in Eugene, Oregon

Here are some pics of it before it was stripped.
The rear crossmember was replaced so there is no weld like the one in pic 4
http://aquariuswater.org/max/cars/86-190e-16v.html

·
W201, W202, W203, W204, W205 Moderator
Amethyst 2001 C320
1,730 Posts
Title should be: "Cheapest 16 valve frame ever" hehehe

Really sounds like theres nothing left. [:D]

·
Registered
1985 2.3 16v euro
35 Posts
Hell that's a perfect starting point to create an absolute monster!!
you could just cage the thing out and stuff a mbz v-8 in that thing and not feel bad at all. racing interior and a klasse1/evo 2 setup and you could go ricer hunting.

if you were closer to me (florida) i would buy it in a heartbeat!! are there any shipping/storage options available to us?? or do you have to cut and run with the quickness?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont really have anywhere to put it since i got evicted, and i dont know how i would ship it. I have until the 31st of this month to get rid of it otherwise im going to chop it and sell it as scrap. One of the mounts for the rear subframe is busted, so its not worth it unless your building a super monster with a custom frame. Ill tell you what $100 to whoever wants it, but then im taking the front spindles, and calipers off. Meaning im going to put some from an 85 2.3 on there so it can still be moved.

·
Registered
82 Posts
How can you call it the cheapest 16 valve ever if it doesn't even have 1 vavle?!?

Does the body come with it and is all glass in good shape?

When you say no interior, do you mean no seats, carpets, gauges, A/C controls, etc ... no dashboard or anything?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well now im thinking about cutting it and just selling the metal, because i can get like at least $300.
One other thing i call it a 16 valve because this is one of the 1,276 frames that came out this year. I guess this makes it one less on the road.

Max

·
W201, W202, W203, W204, W205 Moderator
Amethyst 2001 C320
1,730 Posts
Yeah, sad to see it go, but you might be better off selling it to a bone yard. Perhaps they can connect you with someone who wants to restore it.

·
Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,805 Posts
Sentiment over a stripped chassis is not merited since once the 2.3-16 specific parts (steering box, springs, swaybars, diffential, rear SLS) are taken off, it's just another W201. There was nothing unique, other than the chassis number stamped in the metal that made the 16 valve frame any different from a 2.3L

1 - 10 of 10 Posts