Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
CLK320
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercedesperformance.co.uk sells kleeman superchargers for all CLK models for for less than what they sell in amercia. 6799.00 EURO installed for CLK 320(331HP) and 430 331HP. Thats about $6400 not installed. Has anyone bought anything from this site. They seem reliable.

They also sell a larger crankshaft and manifold for 4300.00 EURO 262HP for clk320

And a different suppercharger for clk320 for 4595EURO about $5000 that have total gains of 306HP (same price for 430 360HP)

If anyone has bought anything or knows anything about this site please respond. I want to buy the Kleeman supercharger but I don't want to get ripped.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'll look into this, too. I'm looking for a kleemann but I'm not about to pay 11k for it. ...

I'll look into this, too. I'm looking for a kleemann but I'm not about to pay 11k for it. I'll post whatever info I find.

·
Registered
2001 CLK55 AMG
3 Posts
Mercedesperformance.co.uk sells kleeman superchargers for all CLK models for for less than what they sell in amercia. 6799.00 EURO installed for CLK 320(331HP) and 430 331HP. Thats about $6400 not installed. Has anyone bought anything from this site. They seem reliable.

They also sell a larger crankshaft and manifold for 4300.00 EURO 262HP for clk320

And a different suppercharger for clk320 for 4595EURO about $5000 that have total gains of 306HP (same price for 430 360HP)

If anyone has bought anything or knows anything about this site please respond. I want to buy the Kleeman supercharger but I don't want to get ripped.
I'm looking at HPS and Kleemann but it all comes down to $$$$. Any news?

·
Registered
2001 CLK55 AMG
40 Posts
if you want him to

My best friend is heading back to the UK for Christmas holiday, if you like, let me know what you find out and I can have him poke around and check how credible this place is.[:D]

·
Registered
Audi S6
56 Posts
TurboWorks Upgrade packages work within your cost constraints. Not miracle workers, we'll ...

TurboWorks Upgrade packages work within your cost constraints. Not miracle workers, we'll try our best to help you drive fast for less. Intake and ECU upgrade packages (50hp gain) for $2,995; which includes a ported intake manifold.

http://boykinracing.us/index2.htm

·
Registered
maxima
6 Posts
3000 for 50..probably to the crank..so only like 35 to the wheels.. not really cost effect...

3000 for 50..probably to the crank..so only like 35 to the wheels.. not really cost effective.. but maybe couple with a SC it will provide big gains. Thanks for the info though

·
Registered
Audi S6
56 Posts
Re: 3000 for 50..probably to the crank..so only like 35 to the wheels.. not really cost effect

3000 for 50..probably to the crank..so only like 35 to the wheels.. not really cost effective.. but maybe couple with a SC it will provide big gains. Thanks for the info though
Kleeman S/C:$11k for 70-80hp, also at the crank? That's cost effective, right? I do complete engine rebuilding, and custom biturbo systems right around the same price, but gains are always in the 100+hp range.
The truth is, most people out there looking for upgrades aren't trying to go to the extreme, and just want something that will improve performance on their daily driver. That being said, an extra 35whp with improved throttle response, torque, and gas mileage is usually more than what they are looking for. The bottom line remains, no tuner out there are miracle workers. If you want big performance, then you've got to spend the money.

·
Registered
maxima
6 Posts
Your right a 11k SC showing only 80 whp isnt cost effective either. I know since its Merce...

Your right a 11k SC showing only 80 whp isnt cost effective either. I know since its Mercedes the price is going to go up but when the price doesnt justify the performance is another thing. Shouldnt a turbo system on a V8 car no matter what car yeild greater then 100hp? I mean if you can get a supra (v6) to 900 with 1 turbo shouldnt a 4.3 v8 mercedes be able to reach 500-600 with the turbo setup? Im not flaming Im just wondering. And yes I do agree that if you want to play you have to pay but considering 11k was 1/3 of my cars worth its not logical.

P.S. I was looking on your site and the vehicles that you work on. I am guessing that since the gains are in a conservative range that you take the route of using smaller turbos as audis do for quicker spool? If you do is that because the mercedes engine bay doesnt give you too much room to work with?

·
Registered
Audi S6
56 Posts
The problem dealing with Eurocars is that everything is so "technologically advanced" that...

The problem dealing with Eurocars is that everything is so "technologically advanced" that it complicates basic mechanical engineering. Cars like supras and hondas don't have intricate fuel systems, electronics and "safe modes" that prevent huge increases without paying the price for compatibility issues. What german engineers consider "revolutionary technology in advancement" really close the window for tuners. Those who dare to mod their euros, do so strictly as pioneers in an unknown world.
In my biturbo systems I use sequential turbos, one small and one larger. I first seen this technology implemented in a 1988 Porshe 959, and since then I've been intrigued on its efficiency for performance and reliability. Driving a biturbo is great for people who use their cars everyday around town and on the highway (for a commute, for instance). The smaller turbo begins moderate boost around 1,500rpm- which is great for stop and go traffic around town. Once on the highway when I need that extra torque needed for those high speed passes (or breakaways from ricers) I kick in the big turbo (4000rpm) and all the power I need is instantly supplied until maximum boost is achieved.
Modest gains in hp or tq numbers by no means denotes a defficiency in my tuning. It's just that, sure- I could build 700bhp motors, but who could drive those machines on the street? Good driver's deserve balance.

·
Registered
BMW 740iL
32 Posts
Re: Re: 3000 for 50..probably to the crank..so only like 35 to the wheels.. not really cost ef

Always wondered why nobody talks about bi-turboing any of the CLK55's? From what I read, you would get far greater HP than the S/C options, right? Have you ever turbo'd one of the Benz's?

Kleeman S/C:$11k for 70-80hp, also at the crank? That's cost effective, right? I do complete engine rebuilding, and custom biturbo systems right around the same price, but gains are always in the 100+hp range.
The truth is, most people out there looking for upgrades aren't trying to go to the extreme, and just want something that will improve performance on their daily driver. That being said, an extra 35whp with improved throttle response, torque, and gas mileage is usually more than what they are looking for. The bottom line remains, no tuner out there are miracle workers. If you want big performance, then you've got to spend the money.
[/quote]

·
Registered
Audi S6
56 Posts
You've heard wrong. Supercharging yields LESS horsepower for two reasons: 1. because the m...

You've heard wrong. Supercharging yields LESS horsepower for two reasons: 1. because the maximum boost possible is around 10psi(no intercooler [in most instances], hot air=predetonation).2.Boost pressure is determined by the rpm of the motor and pulley specifications. Highly tuned turbo systems frequently provide 22-28psi, yielding much greater power and torque than the average supercharger application(srewcharger or eaton type).
However, in the smaller platforms, supercharges are favored over turbochargers due to its compactibility and anti-lag properties.

·
Registered
CLK 55
37 Posts
Re: You've heard wrong. Supercharging yields LESS horsepower for two reasons: 1. because the m

The problem dealing with Eurocars is that everything is so "technologically advanced".

I sure hope you are kidding. These cars are no better than a Ford. Mercedes does not use a returnless fuel system so it is easy! Ford's do.

Getting better fuel pressure is easy with a FMU. Timing is the issue. I can not believe these tuners charge $2K. Go buy the latest car lit and see any chip at $300.

I have a CLK 55 and am working a Procharger. I worry about timing, so I will play with a crank based timing adjuster.

I am in the Test business. If you keep the Mercedes with enough fuel, one can get lots of boost and power.

Its all about volume of business.

·
Registered
CLK320
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AudiRyder - custom turbos

You say you build custom turbos, how much for a turbo that produces over 300hp for a CLK 320

·
Registered
51 Posts
I sure would like to know where you guys are getting your Kleemann SC HP numbers. Accordin...

I sure would like to know where you guys are getting your Kleemann SC HP numbers. According to their site:

http://bergwerks.com/k_super_appli.jsp

The HP increases are 100-110 minimum and some are over 200.

The 500 V8 goes from 302HP to 500HP

or

the 430 V8 goes from 275HP to 430HP

or

the '99-'02 E55 goes from 349HP to 550HP

priced @ $11,000 w/installation of $1,500.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts