Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1998 ML320
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to work in the interior of my ML for a while. Definitely going to get chrome gauge rings and control switch rings. But I hate waiting for that stuff to ship so in the meantime I put in some thin chrome lining.

What do you think? To much? To tacky? Does it look unnatural? This is just stick on 3M chrome stripping, so removal wont be a problem in the future for whatever reason.

As some of you may notice I am in need of a new shift nob... anyone know how to revitalize the leather on a severely worn shifter?

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 ML320 w/ AMG Sport Package
79 Posts
Looks really good! But don't put it on the side SRS airbag....

·
Premium Member
2006 E55: 1999 ML430; 2002 E430 4matic; 1988 190E 2.3; 1993 XL883
301 Posts
Looks great and is a cheap mod. I wouldn't highlight the SRS or side air bag. Just me. Keep it simple.

Try some black shoe polish on the shifter knob. Not sure how it will wear from touching it, but I have seen some leather shoes look new again.

·
Registered
2000 ML430 SOLD, 2007 BMW 328i Coupe, 2014 BMW i3, 2019 Honda Odyssey
2,982 Posts
Don't like the SRS, doors, and the ashtray arc. Otherwise, it is reminiscent of some of the chrome trim in newer models like the E-Class. I'm interested to see how much it sticks out from the flat surfaces.

·
Registered
2001 Ml-320 sport
45 Posts
it is very nicely done.. subtle yet elegant. agree with everyone about the srs. hehe that could be hazardous too rite? :)

·
Registered
1998 ML320
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol, the "SRS" highlight and the side airback strip is not a hit at all. I myself am reconsidering it now (I had doubts to begin with.)

The strips do not stick out that much. They look best lining the center console as most of you would probably agree. The lining is as thick as the edge of the console so it is flush on the outside. It looks remarkably stock in that area.

·
Registered
W204 & W211
2,717 Posts
instead of chrome strips, wood/leather shift knob will be nicer with ur interior...
i'm finally gettin' black wood door handles soon... :D

·
Registered
2004 ML350
258 Posts
nice and sharp!

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
hey godfather, making me spend more money ;) i'm gonna do the two strips on the side of the center console and ill see how it looks on the dash. what size did you use? 1/4 or 1/8

·
Registered
2003 ML350, Trabant P60, VWJetta, BMWG650GS
269 Posts
Call me old fashion but I prefer the original look. Unless the mod improves or ads something, as far as features that make the car's performance better, I'm not for pimping up the car, particularly a Benz.

·
Registered
1998 ML320
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey godfather, making me spend more money ;) i'm gonna do the two strips on the side of the center console and ill see how it looks on the dash. what size did you use? 1/4 or 1/8
Hey, Im not sure cant remember. It was the smallest I could find.

it was the same brand as what was on that website link.

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
try to measure it for me please. i think its 1/8. cause i use 1/4 for my sides on the door. i think that would be too big for the inside. it has to be 1/8

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
Call me old fashion but I prefer the original look. Unless the mod improves or ads something, as far as features that make the car's performance better, I'm not for pimping up the car, particularly a Benz.
well, sometimes you can't just do everything for performance. there are those small things that you can add to change the car to look even better. it doesnt have to be like changing rims or grills and stuff. it can be like added chrome strips to a grill to update that parts, etc. i've done so much stuff for the looks only. we didn't want to like change exhausts, etc.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts