Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 190e/8v & 89 420 SEL
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DOES ANYBODY HAVE CASH FOR 1984 MERCEDES 500 SEL

HELLO EVERYONE I AM TRYING TO HELP MY BUDDY SALE HIS 1984 MERCEDES BENZ 500 SEL IT HAS GREY LEATHER INTERIOR, VIPER ALARM, SUNROOF, PWR WINDOWS, AMG PACKAGE,HAS REBUILT TRANSMISSON WITH WARRANTY, NO IDEA ON MILEAGE NOT THE ORIGINAL OWNER WANT CASH AM NEGOTIABLE NEED TO SALE ASAP THANKS

Could get it cheaper. Around here money is tight and cash talks.

I really would love to have it. I'm a w201 guy. I just wanted to show you all this car because I've seen these same ones fixed up really nice with those wheels and the kit already on it.

You can bet that it has NO rust. Down here in Texas cars don't rust.

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
Apparently this car has issues, because even at the low price their asking for it nobody will touch it. There really is no such thing as a "cheap" MB, and they are probably selling it low because they know already the issues it has and what it will cost to repair, and would rather pass that on to somebody else -MB mechanics don't come cheap in big cities like SA. Here is the original thread where I first saw it, though the original CL ad is gone, but you can see the license plates match with the pic in the thread. And check out the run down looking house it's parked in front of in this thread too..not a good sign either.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/1533697-1984-500sel-san-antonio-1500-a.html

·
Registered
85 190e/8v & 89 420 SEL
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. They don't come cheap around here. I do all of my own work.

I'd buy the car if it was cheaper just to have something to toy with or part out. It's only 15 miles from me.

·
Registered
1991 w126 420SEL, 1986 w126 Euro 560SEC (option 822), 2000 E55, 2003 E55, 2003 SL55
512 Posts
Considering I am finding very nice examples here in AZ between 2 and 3 it always hard for me to justify a parts car unless its a few hundred dollars. It seems this would be worth it to someone between 5-800,

·
Registered
'83 380SEC AMG'ed euro, '92 500SL, '91 190e 2.6 5-speed
2,389 Posts
Not bad for a full US-spec AMG kit, Lorinser wheels, and rear curtains.

Edit: front spoiler looks to be cracked and cut.

·
Outstanding Contributor
1990 500SL, 1986 500SEC
1,798 Posts
+1 Oisaj. If it had black interior I'd be calling for transport to NY. BTW where do you see rear curtains? That's a hell of an eye.

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
Make sure you test drive it good first, including some good braking, and of course open and close all windows/moonroof..open everything and check everything you can. If you work on these cars, then it might be worth it for you. Since they can't sell it, offer them $500 first..they prob won't accept it..so wait a day or two and call them back offering a final of $800..which is the most I would pay for it. Take it for a good drive down 410, and make sure you pay attention to how the shocks feel and how it handles the curves for suspension issues. Good luck bud. :)

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
Yup..used to live there..still miss the good asian and mexican restaurants..lol. Don't miss the crazy drivers and bad traffic though.

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
I just checked out your cars photo page...props on getting her to look so good. As you know..in SA..for some reason people don't take care of their 190's and they usually look like crap..but yours is THE nicest I have seen after all the mods you did..great job bud. ;)

·
Registered
1965 220se w111 *******1984 300sd w126 *******1991 350sd w126
911 Posts
Seems to be worth $800. if they'll take that and it drives and stops reasonably good. Later.

·
Registered
85 190e/8v & 89 420 SEL
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just checked out your cars photo page...props on getting her to look so good. As you know..in SA..for some reason people don't take care of their 190's and they usually look like crap..but yours is THE nicest I have seen after all the mods you did..great job bud. ;)
Thanks a lot man. Really love it when I get good comments like that. SA is pretty run down. I live out in New Braunfels. Born and raised. It's a little different over here than it is in the city next door.

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
Thanks a lot man. Really love it when I get good comments like that. SA is pretty run down. I live out in New Braunfels. Born and raised. It's a little different over here than it is in the city next door.
You deserve the praise man..that 190 is tight..you even got the wood inside to look like a million bucks. Yea I hear ya about SA..I was really tired of the culture there (if you get my drift)..but New Braunfels is beautiful..lots of land, deer, and critters. Just the way a country boy likes it.. :)

Let me know what happens with that W126..but if it don't feel right don't sweat it..there are plenty of them on the market right now that are cheap and in decent shape.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts