Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got one vehicle too many right now. I live in Houston Texas. E-mail me at [email protected]<p>The Car is a 1985 Mercedes 300D turbo diesel. Color is flat grey. It has a tow hitch & Sun roof. It has approximately 160K on it according to my calculations, but the odometer shows 117K cause it stopped turning a few years ago. It probably gets around 29 mpg but whatever it is it seems like forever between filling up.<p>AC & Heater work. Two new rotors. New alternator. Newly installed re-built radiator. New brake master cylinder. I've taken good care of it. Everything works and the engine sounds great thanks to frequent oil changes. One thing doesn't work and that is the rear right window. It doesn't seem to want to roll down, but I haven't had time to even look into it so it could be anything from needing a new motor to a bad connection. Those are really the only things I've had to do in 4 years.<p>I am the third owner, but my dad was the second owner when it was 5 years old so I've been around this car for 10 years and driving it for 4-ish. We both liked to get under the hood and rub her behind the ears.<p>It runs like a champ as proven by my recent 5 hour drive from Houston to Laredo in 100 degree plus weather without having to worry about engine temp.<p>I think this vehicle has to be in the top ten of best vehicles ever made. There is a reason why it is the taxi cab of europe. I'll probably buy another some day.<p>I think this car is best suited for a high school or college kid, or just a mercedes fan. It still has years of relatively maintennance free life. I've done lots of the maintennance myself as the Germans designed this thing to be dismantled with practically no more than a screwdriver and adjustable wrench. Which reminds me I have all the manuals and work books.<p>One thing that is a shame is that I got rear ended and the left impact absorber is spent. Of course you can't see that, but what you can see is a very slight crinkle in the left rear quarter panel. <p>I'm thinking $2250.<p>Mostly, I just want her to go to a good home where she'll be treated as good as she will treat you. I've had some good times with her and been to some neat places.<p>She's getting older so she obviously has little quirks like the trunk no longer automatically unlocking with the doors. The dash is cracked but I have a nice spec cover for the mercedes dash so you'd never know. The radio antennae is permantently in the out position, but that is terribly common for some reason. If it really matters that is easily fixed. The important thing is that the engine and transmission couldn't be better.<p>Anyway, e-mail me with questions if interested. <p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.