Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wnat to have free-er flowing exhaust but to keep the stock look. I think thats essential on the upscale vehicles(benz BMW, audi)

my plan is

get SLK32 AMG or SLK320 stock muffler and make new piping till the catalytic converter. maybe high flow cat.

is the exhaust on V6 bigger than the Kompressors?

thanks

·
Premium Member
SLK 230
1,498 Posts
Super sprint headers
Rentech cat
Eiseman muffler.
Linh ASP pulley kit

That will add around 50 hp for 3 grand.

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah not exactly a rich kid...

i need something BELOW $300... hahah

·
BenzWorld R170 SLK Host
2002 SLK32 AMG
2,652 Posts
Have you checked out your exhaust? From the catalytic converter to the exhaust tip, it's a single piece. The stock exhausts go for $700 or more. Any aftermarket Eisenmann or Supersprint would be cheaper. It might be cheaper still to have a shop just custom-make the whole system.

·
Premium Member
SLK 230
1,498 Posts
OHHHHHHHHH
Cheap, just hammer a rod into the cat and clear it out.
That will give you a cheap performance sound. LOL.

You bought the wrong car for cheap mods and maintenance.

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hah yeh... just because it's a BEnz, they jack the price up on everything

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Forget the RENNtech cat. Get a carsounds (made by magnaflo) or a random tech cat. You will get the same or better flow than the RENNtech for cheaper.

If you can find a Dynomax Ultraflo muffler that will fit your application it flows better than the magnaflo's.

·
Registered
2003 SLK230
1,456 Posts
Mihaley,

How did you "gut" your cat and have you had your car smog checked since that mod. How did it affect your cars sound. Does your CEL come in since gutting the cat. Thanks!Guys, how much of an increase in HP can a SLK230 expect from a high flow cat. Superprint told me anywhere from 4 to 8hp. I asked Chris from Supersprint last week and they have not offered the straight pipe that replaces the cat for almost 2 years but they still advertise it on thier Superpsrint USA website.

·
Registered
262 Posts
CHEAP Exhaust Upgrade- Resonator Delete

Guys, im visiting from the 210 forum. the "cheapest" type of exhaust upgrade would be to delete/remove your Resonator and replace with a straight pipe. The Resonator is located in BETWEEN the Cat. and the Muffler, when you replce this with a straight pipe you will have less air restriction and a BIT more sporty sound[:)]- totally Smog Legal and wont trigger a Check Engine Light since the mod is AFTER the Cat. I did it to my 01 BMW M5 and my 00 W210 MB( Stock look but with a little Sport Exhaust note ). The best thing about this mod is that you can always replace the straight pipe with the Resonator if you dont like the out come..... Check out my post under Resonator Delete/Removal in the W210 Forum for more specific details

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im thinking instead of being ILLEGAL put cheap high flow cat and eliminate the 2 split cat deal... pretty "[email protected]"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts