Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'01 SLK-320
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a picture of where they all are? My suspension is creaking a bit (notice it mostly when getting in and out of the car) and I want to lube things up.

I

·
0 Posts
Mine creaks a bit from enter and exit also. Seems to be coming from the rear suspension on the drivers side.

Will be interested to see if there is an easy fix.

I never notice it when driving.

·
Registered
2001 SLK320, 2001 C320
2,267 Posts
Creaking comes from your control arm and/or sway bar bushings. Nothing to lube, just replace if needed.

·
Registered
2010 C200 CGI /W203/SLK230/W202/230E/280SE
3,301 Posts
I used a bit of rubber grease on all of the rubbers (they sell this stuff for assembling brakes and hydraulics) - it's liquid enough to get in- works a treat! - don't use ordinary grease - will stuff up the bushes

Oberoi

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
irvingst said:
Mine creaks a bit from enter and exit also. Seems to be coming from the rear suspension on the drivers side.
Does it only happen if you have the emergency brake on? I think the creak on mine when entering and exiting is caused by the emergency brake, it does not occur if the brake is off. I haven't done anything about it though.

I

·
0 Posts
16falcon said:
Does it only happen if you have the emergency brake on? I think the creak on mine when entering and exiting is caused by the emergency brake, it does not occur if the brake is off. I haven't done anything about it though.

That's a good question. I hadn't made that connection. Will check after work. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts