Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here comes a cuple of pictures of my 1991/1992 Mercedes Benz 600 SEL-V12:)

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350 Cabriolet
253 Posts
Wow, 20 inch BBS rims. I was looking at them last night on TireRack, now I know they look great!

·
Registered
89 964c4, 69 xke, 74.5 jensen, 02 bmw 325i, 93 600sel, 99 f-350
130 Posts
Great looking ride... The 20" wheels look awesome...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NZ Benz said:
This is such a great W140. :thumbsup:
Thank you again, NZ Benz:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haku said:
Very nice - have you had it repainted?

Yes. The car was original 199 Blau-swartz metallic. I have full restaured the car, and then I painted the car in 197 Obsidan metallic outside and inside. (I know that its "criminal" and "wrong" to change color from original to another color on a classic car like this, but i dont care cause I am never gonna sell this car anyway. I will keep this car as long as I live):D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
breastroker said:
Wow, 20 inch BBS rims. I was looking at them last night on TireRack, now I know they look great!
Yes, I really like the design of these rims too. I have these rims on my E320T CDI also (see link in my signature).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
600amg said:
Beautiful, strong & elegent.
Thats the way I like it:D

I dont like a tons of styling and plastic. I try too keep the car in original-look:)

·
Premium Member
1996 S320 (Kuro) 1998 S600 (Weiss)
2,885 Posts
Charlie V12 said:
Yes. The car was original 199 Blau-swartz metallic. I have full restaured the car, and then I painted the car in 197 Obsidan metallic outside and inside. (I know that its "criminal" and "wrong" to change color from original to another color on a classic car like this, but i dont care cause I am never gonna sell this car anyway. I will keep this car as long as I live):D
I know what you mean! I dropped off my car yesterday at the dealer yesterday to be fully stripped and repainted in Obsidian Black - it was originally two tone brilliant silver which has grown on me but, it just wasn't quite right. I'll be picking her up next weekend and am looking forward to seeing the end result!

How long did it take and what did they charge you for the paintwork?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I delivered my car in January, and get it back in June last year. I only used proffesional people/companys for the restored and paintwork.

And yes Haku, it was very expensive:)

·
Premium Member
1996 S320 (Kuro) 1998 S600 (Weiss)
2,885 Posts
Charlie V12 said:
I delivered my car in January, and get it back in June last year. I only used proffesional people/companys for the restored and paintwork.

And yes Haku, it was very expensive:)
Almost 6 months!? Wow - that is a long time.

Mine's taking about a week - that's a full strip including everything (inside sunroof, inside doors, inside boot etc.) except the engine bay too. These guys are charging about $4000 (US$) all up which I think is quite reasonable, but I don't have anything to compare it to - what did your guys charge you?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NZ Benz said:
Hey are you able to post some interior pictures of the car please? :)
Of course, but didn´t you saw the pictures of my interior in my thread?? (Link to my threads is in my signature)

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
Charlie V12 said:
Of course, but didn´t you saw the pictures of my interior in my thread?? (Link to my threads is in my signature)
Oh got it now, thanks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haku said:
Almost 6 months!? Wow - that is a long time.

Mine's taking about a week - that's a full strip including everything (inside sunroof, inside doors, inside boot etc.) except the engine bay too. These guys are charging about $4000 (US$) all up which I think is quite reasonable, but I don't have anything to compare it to - what did your guys charge you?
Yes, but I did everything from

here;

and to this;

on both sides of the car.....

And make this;

I really don´t want to talk about the price, but I can promise that it was VEEEERY expensive:( .

For more pictures and info, you can go to my thread in MBEntusiastklubb forum in Norway. See the link in my signature:)

·
Registered
S600 C140 1994
537 Posts
Charlie: I can see you have ADS (Adaptive damping system) on your car.
Does it work as is should or do you have the common failure that makes it locked it firm mode?

My 600 is locked in firm mode and from what I´ve heard the ADS-system is a complex system that is hard to get to work ones it locked it self in firm mode. :crybaby2:

/ Jonathan Wallin, Luleå Sweden.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts