Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Vito 109cdi
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought a 2004 Vito and tried to change the time in the multi-function display. I followed the instructions(Press M repeatedly until the hours flash), but it just keeps taking me to trip mileage then mileage to next service.

My multi-function display isn't quite like the one in the Operating Instructions because it doesn't display the outside temperature.

Can anyone explain how I change the time?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, yeah i'm guessing you have the engine running while your trying to do it. The function to change the clock etc is disabled with the engine running. :)

·
Registered
2004 Vito 109cdi
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Night-Fly.

I still can't change the time!!

I went through the process carefully to make sure that I'm trying it in different ways. So here's what I've tried to switch on the multi-function display:
1. Open door, no key in ignition.
2. Sitting in car and pressing M, no key in the ignition
3. Sitting in car and pressing R, no key in the ignition
4 & 5. as above using + and -
6. Switching the ignition to position 1
7. Switching the ignition to position 2
8. Engine started and running

In every instance I get the same outcome:
First short press M changes to trip
Second short press M changes to service interval
Other short press M stays on service interval

Is there something wrong??

·
Registered
2004 Vito 109cdi
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If anyone is interested or is searching the forum for an answer to this problem in the future I’ve eventually fixed the problem!!

After some careful analysis I noticed that the display seemed to get stuck in a loop when you got to the ‘distance to service’ display. Working in IT I thought ‘what do you do when a computer gets stuck in a loop’.

So I ‘rebooted’ by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it again.

I can now changed the time as described in the manual.

·
Registered
110cdi vito 8 seater
66 Posts
I cant get the next service miles or date to appear, got a few important long dist. trips to do soon. Will try a "reboot" when i get back just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts