Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1983 230 E (sold) , 1991 600 SEL (sold) , 1993 300 SE (sold)
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my w123, love the way it looks but, as she has aged, im thinking of changing the whole upholstery on it dashboard, carpets, the whole deal. Since I have never done this before, help would be apritiated if u know any site which deals with this kinda problems please point me to it. Oh yeah and i would like to make my own armrest in between the 2 front seats, any suggestions on how?

Thank you in advance[:D]

·
Registered
V8 W123
398 Posts
Be prepared to spend a fortune. You can get a stock armrest (make sure you get the nut) and put it on your seat by removing the back, and accessing the mount hole.

·
Registered
V8 W123
398 Posts
Be prepared to spend a fortune. I'd look for a good interior in a rusty/non running car. Probably get it for a few hundred bucks!
You can get a stock armrest (make sure you get the nut) and put it on your seat by removing the back, and accessing the mount hole.

·
Registered
1983 230 E (sold) , 1991 600 SEL (sold) , 1993 300 SE (sold)
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your comments, I will go find myself an armrest. But I would kinda like to keep busy for the summer months and change the upholstery myself, kinda of DIY thing, any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
If you want DIY, I would suggest you clean the entire interior. Inside out, remove the seats, clean them, lube the front seat tracks, fix those sagging pads on the driver seat, get used ones with no cracks and replace accordingly, etc... Fun enough? [:D]

·
Registered
1982 300CD
5,134 Posts
You can get supplies to do it yourself at:

http://worlduph.com/mb16.htm

But don't expect to get it cheap.

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts