Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 C300 4Matic sedan
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to replace my turn signal switch. I removed the steering wheel, but I cant disasseble the colum any further so that I cna get to the switch. I removed the three screw that appeared after removing the steering wheel, but nothing comes apart. Can someone give me a few clues here. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
You just started removing stuff without any instructions? Not a good idea... Hope you disconnected the battery. What model do you have a 2010 SL65 AMG?

·
Registered
2012 C300 4Matic sedan
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. Disconnected the battery. How do I ge the rest of this column apart?

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
I searched couldn't find detailed removal instructions. The picture one section showed looks like you have to removing everything. You will get to a point where where the switches are clearly visible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
steering column

firts take battery off,take off airbag in steering wheel using a long 30 torx they are two screws ttaht hold air bag to steering wheel in the back,take off steering wheel bolt a 12mm hex and look for marking in steering wheel and steering shaft just pull out steering wheel,their is a hole on the steering column collar that has a 30 torx head bolt that must be loosen,pull out the steering collar,their you would see three 8torx head screws remove them an pull out the clock spring careful not to brake connector rremove the the blinker switch assembly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts